SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson SG Special 2018 - £550 Posted SOLD

johnljohnl Frets: 2011
edited October 2018 in Guitars £

Selling my 2018 SG Special as it's just not getting that much use now that I've bought my R8. Great guitar and since I've had it the following modifications have been made:

* Bone Nut
* Oil City P90 (Neck)
* Mojo Mini Humbucker (Bridge)
* Oil City 50's wiring harness. >

The guitar cost £720 new, mods were an additional £200 or so. I'm asking £550 posted (in the UK) as I'd like this to go to someone who's going to love it as much as I did when I first bought it rather than languish unloved. 

image>

The guitar cost £720 new, mods were an additional £200 or so. I'm asking £550 posted (in the UK) as I'd like this to go to someone who's going to love it as much as I did when I first bought it rather than languish unloved. 

image>

image>

Pros:

* Ridiculously light 
* Oil City P90 sounds amazing 
* Fretboard is the darkest rosewood I've ever seen - photographed here next to an Ebony board (SG on the bottom, ebony on top) to show just how dark it is. It's essentially black until you get it into the light where it has a very faint red tinge.
*Neck is ridiculously comfy - it's a little bigger than the 59 neck on my R8 and has a bit more shoulder but all in all very comfy indeed.

Cons:
*Mojo mini humbucker is a bit more mellow than I was hoping- personally if I was keeping it I'd swap it for something a bit higher output but your taste may vary.
*Very thin finish so there's a few scuffs and scrapes - only one scratch that I could see which is pictured below.

This one also comes in the ridiculously luxurious 2018 Padded gigbag which is a good deal nicer than my first couple of flats.

My original NGD thread can be found here: 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/131703/ngd-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-mini-humbucker

Cheers,

John
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I should also add that the guitar will come with all the original parts - PCB and original pickups. God knows why you'd want to put that PCB back in, but if you do then you'll be able to.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    Oh I want this!!!!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12326
    Much wanty here too
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    As I’ve pm’d does that make me first in line? ;) 
    Not been this excited over a £500ish guitar for a while! It’s good.
    @Teyeplayer is indeed first in line. Have just responded to your PM.
    ......and sold.
    An excited Teyeplayer awaits...
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12326
    Nice score @Teyeplayer!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    Nice score @Teyeplayer!
    Definitely got lucky there, a minute or two later and I’m sure someone else will have snapped it up.