Red Dead Redemption 2

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Wonder if it will be available to play digitally at 00:01 on friday, or if it's based on the US release date and time... so something like 4pm here?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Gagaryn said:
    I just remembered that I pre-ordered this from Amazon over a year ago! Or rather was reminded when I got an email saying it will arrive Friday.

I did enjoy the last one, way more than I expected to - made me want to be a cowboy. Maybe I'll start a go fund me to get chaps and spurs. :-)
     I pre-ordered from Amazon 2 years ago, misreading the release year, and then it was delayed another 12 months. Seems strange that it will be here soon now. Not played any games in a while, but will at least complete the story on this.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Is it gonna be like Skyrim/Witcher with cowboys?  The whole open world thing, or a lot more constrained?

Asking for a friend :sunglasses: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28189
    JerkMoans said:
    Is it gonna be like Skyrim/Witcher with cowboys? 
    Pretty sure it's going to be Grand Theft Horsey.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Sporky said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Is it gonna be like Skyrim/Witcher with cowboys? 
    Pretty sure it's going to be Grand Theft Horsey.

Exactly this.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    Giddy with excitement here. All downloaded and ready to go.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    yorkio said:
    I'd have imagined you being too busy with your new strymon :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    I've got it reserved for collection on Friday from Smyths.  I nearly ordered from Amazon but noticed that they couldn't deliver on release day, so cancelled.  RDR is one of my all-time favourite games, so I'm super-excited for this.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Apparently mine has been despatched today
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I'm not much of a gamer but Red Dead Redemption on Xbox360 was outstanding. I took a week off work to play it when it launched and it was still the only game I was playing 6 months later. Skyrim had a similar effect but I have fonder memories of RDR.
    Haven't played anything since Skyrim... Can't justify a new console for one game. But if I did, Xbox One or PS4?.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    DiscoStu said:
    I'm not much of a gamer but Red Dead Redemption on Xbox360 was outstanding. I took a week off work to play it when it launched and it was still the only game I was playing 6 months later. Skyrim had a similar effect but I have fonder memories of RDR.
    Haven't played anything since Skyrim... Can't justify a new console for one game. But if I did, Xbox One or PS4?.
    I went PS4 (just to play RDR :o ), hopefully that was the right choice - didn't know which to go for but had a playstation years ago so was at least a bit familiar.
  • Party pooper here, much preferred GTA, SAN Andreas was the one, superb radio stations/soundtrack - couldn’t get into RDR on Xbox.....May try it again.

Anyway all that was second to when I got a pc and played DayZ.....over 1000 hrs in and still my ALL TIME fave game. For pure ‘shit yer pants’ moments this is the one.

Ps don’t buy it on Xbox yet, it’s shit. 
  • DiscoStu said:
    In terms of graphics it'll be in this order, weakest first.

Xbox One S < PlayStation 4 < PlayStation 4 Pro < Xbox One X

Xbox One X is the most powerful console by some margin and unless something has gone very wrong will be the best version. But if you're not in the market for a premium console then base PS4 will likely run at a higher resolution than base Xbox One. PS4 Pro is a bit of a dog's breakfast (I do own one) - not really that powerful compared to XB1X and the cooling solution is too noisy.

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Wish it was on PC
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    So tempted to get a Ps4 again. It's just having time to play these days
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    Xbox One S might have the weakest graphics capability, but that doesn't necessarily make it the worst console.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    So do we think it unlocks at midnight tonight...? Couldn't find a definite answer online.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    JerkMoans said:
    yorkio said:
    I'd have imagined you being too busy with your new strymon :D
    That's for during the day, when I should be working. I'll be playing RDR2 when I should be sleeping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    Bod said:
    Xbox One S might have the weakest graphics capability, but that doesn't necessarily make it the worst console.

Depends on your TV as well, I thought about upgrading my older Xbox one to the new X but realised that my TV would need upgrading at the same time.

Looking forward to this game, comes out on my birthday.  I've dropped lots of hints (and being a bloke they were not subtle, things like, 'you could buy me this for my birthday'), so fingers crossed for tomorrow.