Red Dead Redemption 2

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Wow wow wow. No spoilers, but this game is flippin brilliant. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Yeah, I've been playing a lot and completely agree - after a slow start I've really got into it. It's really not a game of skill and dexterity like most games are, which I guess might be what puts some people off but it has a great narrative which blows anything else I've played put the water and plenty surprises and "random" events that keep me hooked.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I need to try it out then.
  • Gagaryn said:
    Yeah, I've been playing a lot and completely agree - after a slow start I've really got into it. It's really not a game of skill and dexterity like most games are, which I guess might be what puts some people off but it has a great narrative which blows anything else I've played put the water and plenty surprises and "random" events that keep me hooked.
    Out of interest, how many hours have you put in?    Im thinking of picking this up but was put off by the "slow start" and "maintenance"  comments.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    I'm still in chapter 2 after around 30 hours.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2018
    Gagaryn said:
    Out of interest, how many hours have you put in?    Im thinking of picking this up but was put off by the "slow start" and "maintenance"  comments.
    Was off sick for a couple of days - the joys of lithotripsy for chronic kidney stones and played al lot those days in between visits to the pisseur, so I reckon I've put in 40 to 50 hours. It gets better after a couple of slow hours though and keeps getting better as you meet more folks and find out more stuff. It's really a quite remarkable game - no surprise when you read how much development went in to it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Controls are an arse! Keep shooting innocent people 

Looks lovely though
    All practice and no theory
    dafuzz said:

Looks lovely though
    I've now pretty much mastered the controls, yet I still managed to punch my horse in the face again last night. I swear I felt genuine remorse!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I took a little too long slowing down to help some guy last night (forgot the button, obviously..). His own horse kicked him in the head and ran off. I looted his corpse, obviously.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited November 2018
    Just be careful in st Denis, everything I do there ends up with me getting wanted and then killed by the million police. 

Sometimes I don’t even know what I’ve done to warrant being chased
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Gagaryn said:
    dafuzz said:

Looks lovely though
    I've now pretty much mastered the controls, yet I still managed to punch my horse in the face again last night. I swear I felt genuine remorse!
    Lol - in RDR1 I remember shooting my horse in the back of the head. Felt dreadful
    All practice and no theory
    terada said:
    Just be careful in st Denis, everything I do there ends up with me getting wanted and then killed by the million police. 

I  have discovered that for minor misdemeanours defusion/surrender is the best option. Keep the guns holstered and things normally don't escalate.
    Gagaryn said:
    terada said:

I  have discovered that for minor misdemeanours defusion/surrender is the best option. Keep the guns holstered and things normally don't escalate.
    Interesting. How much does it cost, as its currently about $150 every time I die
    terada said:
    Gagaryn said:
    terada said:

Interesting. How much does it cost, as its currently about $150 every time I die

Normally nothing - police just tell you to move along. You ride off until *WANTED* disappears then you can go back.
    edited November 2018
    Great stuff, I’ll try that in future. 

Has as anyone got up to butchers creek yet?
  • I've played an hour and found it unbelievable y boring. Way too much riding horses next to other characters and the walking pace indoors and around the camps is frustratingly slow. Let's hope it picks up a bit! 
    terada said:
    Great stuff, I’ll try that in future. 

Has as anyone got up to butchers creek yet?

yup! :-)
    Yerr Alright Gurrl
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Got this for Christmas, really enjoying it, the game is excellent but the writing really works, once you hit chapter 3 you get a real sense of these people still trying to live in a world that no longer exists. 

Really impressed with how much effort has gone in to things, the hunting alone is a whole game in itself and very complex.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1380
    I've seen the story all the way through to the very end and no game has affected me like this one. I'm usually left cold on these big American releases that try too hard to be films but this is just top-to-bottom ambitious game design and a masterclass on characterisation and world building.