SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Necks & neck / fretboard blanks. **Prices dropped**

TTonyTTony Frets: 27631
edited March 2019 in Parts £
** Dropped prices on most of these **

Here's the next stage of the grand clearout.

This time a few necks, a couple of neck blanks and a  bunch of fingerboard blanks in various stages of preparation.

TBH, the hassle of packaging and queueing in the PO to send means that I'd much rather sell these in bunches of items rather than individually, so feel free to makes offers for multiple items.

Feel *very* free to make me an offer to take it all off my hands in one go!

[just having a few upload issues ... BRB]
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27631
    edited April 2019
    Necks

The top one is a  part built (by Mr GSP) 24.75% length, fret slots cut and fingerboard bound.  You need to shape the back of the neck to your preference and fret it.

Sold to me (not by Mr GSP) as "Rosewood", it's actually a mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard.  
    **SOLD**

Middle one is a no-name,  maple/rosewood combination.  Looks unused in that there's no fretwear  or makings.

Bottom one has obvs come off a JTV of some description and is again maple/rosewood.
    **SOLD**

£30ea,  plus whatever postage costs.

** £30 delivered on the last one **

Couple of neck blanks.  These both measure 760mm x 93mm x25mm, so plenty big enough for a bolt on F style neck.  Look to me like Korina/Walnut.  I *think* I originally bought these from the UKGB forum when that was operational, which means these are both 5-10 years old.  

£30ea,  plus whatever postage costs.

**£55 for both, delivered**  SOLD PENDING etc.

(I'm not very good at thinking up prices).
    edited April 2019
    Some rather chunks of nice flamed maple.  These are too small for neck blanks, so I can only think that I bought them with the intention of cutting them down  for fingerboards.  I remember that they came from the US many many years ago, and were pricey pricey.

They are all 590mm long and 25mm thick.
    #12 (top) is 80mm wide
    #13 (middle) is 92mm wide
    #14 (bottom) is 62mm wide

I'm really not sure what these are worth.  It's beautifully flamed and wasn't cheap when I bought them, so £40 (plus postage) each?

**SOLD**

A couple of Purpleheart Bass fingerboard blanks.

These are both 775mm long x 82mm wide

£20 each plus postage costs.
    edited March 2019
    A bunch of fretboards.  Most of these are *part* radiused, but they need more work doing to finish them.  Also, on some, the router juddered a bit when doing the radiusing, so those will need more work to sand out the judder bits.  

**PRICING UPDATE** Any 3 of the £12.50 blanks for £35 delivered.

I've priced these individually (all prices plus postage) but really would prefer to sell in one or two lots - make me an offer.

Not sure what wood this is.  I'm guessing Indian Rosewood - it's not as brown as it looks in the photo -  nicely straight grained and straight-edged.  Partly radiused.
    503mm x 70mm.
    £25.00

Purpleheart.  556mm long,  72mm tapering to 58mm wide.  Also partly radiused, but not as neatly as #1 - you can see  the router marks  on this.
    £12.50

Maple.  503mm long, 65mm wide tapered slightly to 57mm.  Not radiused at all
    £12.50

Wenge.  503mm x 67mm.  Part radiused.  £12.50

Wenge.  503mm x 67mm.  Not radiused.  £12.50

Wenge.503mm x 67mm.  Part radiused.  £12.50

The marks on the back are just the remains of the double-sided tape  from when it was stuck down for radiusing.

Maple.  535 by 72 tapering to 52.  Part radiused.  £12.50

Birdseye Maple.    This has already been part cut -  490 by 65 tapering to 45.  Not radiused.  £12.50

More maple.  535 by 67 tapering to 52.  Not radiused.  £12.50

Two of the necks now confirmed SOLD.

Interest in various of the other bits, but the economics of p&p mean it’s more sensible to sell the fretboard blanks in 2s/3s.  Rather than £12.50 ea plus p&p, howsabouts 3 for £35 delivered?
    Bump.

Seems a waste to turn it into kindling!
    Flamey maple bits gone.

Bump for the rest.
    edited April 2019
    Neck blanks  sold and fretboards 1, 2 & 9 gone

Any interest/ offers in the rest of the fretboards?  Looks like I can send those as RM med parcels for £6, whether it's one or all of them.