SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Kawai Aquarius (others now SOLD)

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27754
edited July 2015 in Guitars £
Whenever I post pics of any of my modest Kawai collection, there's generally a few "let me know if you ever decide to sell" comments.

So, I'm letting you know.

First up, a Kawai KS 10 Jr.  THIS ONE NOW SOLD.

As you can see, metallic silver finish, which is in pretty good condition on the front, but has some marks & dings on the rear.  It does have the original cavity cover too - I'd just taken it off to show the state of the wiring (all looks original to me).

Body is either Ash or Mahogany.

It's fully original, which means that the pickups are generic HBs, modelled loosely on the Might Mite Vintages that went into the non-Jr models in the range.

It's all solid, straight neck, comfortably low action, no buzzes, frets show some wear (its 35-odd years old!) but there's plenty left before a refret is necessary, holds tuning perfectly.  

MIJ from sometime in the late 70s/early 80s.

With a generic gig bag

Not particularly interested in trades, although if someone's got a decent semi and wants all 3 of these, then we could talk about a deal.

£250.  Prefer to arrange collection or a meet-up as I don't really want to courier it.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27754
    edited July 2015
    And second up ...

A Kawai F1 Jr. THIS ONE NOW SOLD

This is a slightly later model than the KS10 - early 80s rather than late 70s.

Laminated mahogany & maple thru neck, with mahogany body wings.

Again, in all original condition, even with the original Tim Gentle supplying dealer sticker on the back of the headstock.  (Hi Tim!!)

P'ups are similar to the above - just described as "standard humbucking pickups" - with a 1Vol / 1Tone control configuration.

Neck is probably best described as "skinny".  It's certainly neither wide nor fat.

It's also in used condition with plenty of dings, dents and scratches over the body.  Neck is again true & straight and has an easily playable action.

With a generic gig bag.

Not particularly interested in trades, although if someone's got a decent semi and wants all 3 of these, then we could talk about a deal.

£250.  Prefer to arrange collection (Suffolk) or a meet-up (London?) as I don't really want to courier it.

edited May 2015
    And finally, #3 of 3 ...

A Kawai Aquarius AQ-420

Body on this one is less obviously dinged & dented - it's more the "worming" marks on the back, and a bit of scratching around the rear edge.  But then it's 30 years old.

Bolt on this time, hard tail with 2 tapped HBs.

Ash body, Maple neck & board.  22 frets on this one.

I need to take the scratchplate assembly out to check the p'ups and wiring - don't often see the zebra coloured p'ups on these models, so that one might be a later mod.

Generic gig bag.  Not really interested in trades (unless for all 3)

£250 collected (Suffolk) or we try to arrange a meet-up somewheres.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    When you say a decent semi, you mean...?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

When you say a decent semi, you mean...?
    A decent semi-acoustic guitar.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Lol, I meant model/manufacturer you might have in mind, ie. *not* an Epiphone Sheraton, Lucille, etc...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Lol, I meant model/manufacturer you might have in mind, ie. *not* an Epiphone Sheraton, Lucille, etc...
    I've got no "nots" in mind, as long as it's a "decent" semi - which is about the only thing I'd be interested in trading for.  I guess not a thick body jazzer style.

Prefer something decent, partly so that I've got a chance of keeping it rather than flipping it, and partly so that we might be able to work out a 2:1 or 3:1 trade deal.  So, looking for something with a c£500 value for a 2:1 trade or (ideally) a c£750 value for a 3:1 deal.

I'm just trying to downsize a little bit as I seem to have acquired too many guitars (and keep making more), so 1:1 trades don't work for me.

Cash is good too though - doesn't have to be a trade.

:)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2909
    Look cool them.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    If only you would put the blue electro acoustic up for sale :-(
    mrchi said:
    If only you would put the blue electro acoustic up for sale :-(
    That's not likely to happen @mrchi - the blue one is half of a pair, and no-one else would be mad enough to pay for them what I paid for them!

Found any forgotten semis in your stock room yet @HarrySeven? ;
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2424
    I'm not really a maple fingerboard kinda guy, but that Aquarius is rather snazzy.  :)
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    Great looking guitars  GLWS
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    Bank Holiday Bump.
    I did check my pricing with the world's leading authority on Kawai Guitars (he actually said that I was under-pricing them).

Offers?  
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27341
    edited May 2015
    TTony said:
    I did check my pricing with the world's leading authority on Kawai Guitars (he actually said that I was under-pricing them).

Offers?  

But I thought you were the world's leading authority on Kawai guitars?!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:

Offers?  

:D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    TTony said:

Offers?  
    Is the problem that the world's leading authority, is also the world's leading consumer of Kawai Guitars?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4934
    edited May 2015
    stickyfiddle said: TTony said: I did check my pricing with the world's leading authority on Kawai Guitars (he actually said that I was under-pricing them).
    Offers?  
    Beat me to it!  Blimey, @TTony - I thought you were
    married to these! 
    @JookyChap that white one looks very you , if get what i mean :)
    Couple of mojo magics , maybe a wide range and tron style in the bridge :)
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @blueskunk said:
    @JookyChap that white one looks very you , if get what i mean :)
    I know, I keep looking at it, but I don't think Mr TT. would be too interested in my idea of a payment plan... ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom