SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Ibanez Jem 77FP Floral Print - Steve Vai's Curtains

What's Hot
FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1428
edited May 2017 in Guitars £
Up for trade is this awesome (and fairly rare) Ibanez Jem 77FP Floral Print.

Absolutely lovely guitar, probably the best Jem I've tried but I'm a Gibson man mainly so I'd like to see what other guitars are out there.

Includes the usual Jem business, Edge tremolo, Dimarzio PAF Pro's etc. in great condition, has a few small knocks that I've tried to show in the photos, nothing major at all. Has a very superficial lacquer crack on the neck pocket as is par for the course with most Jems (Google it). The pickups look yellow in the picture but they're actually faded pink in real life.

Includes Ibanez hard case and tremolo bar plus hex keys. 

Ideally looking to trade, Gibson, PRS or something along those lines but try me, my head's easily turned by other nice guitars! May also entertain trades for a cheaper guitar along those lines plus cash or a couple of cheaper guitars possibly.

I'm based in Kettering but can courier or travel.
photo imagejpg1_8jpgphoto imagejpg2_4jpgphoto imagejpg4_2jpgphoto imagejpg6_1jpgphoto imagejpg3_4jpgphoto imagejpg5_2jpgphoto imagejpg1_9jpg
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi do you know what year the Jem is and how much would you sell for cash ? :-) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey Kev, I don't know the year unfortunately, some goon has changed the neck plate that had the serial number on it. However it has pickups directly mounted to the body so possibly not the first run? My knowledge is somewhat limited however!

I was thinking trade price around £1200, but I'm open to offers for sure, PM me if you'd like to discuss further. :) 
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    It's very tempting.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Well if you want my opinion...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's beautiful. My favourite Jem of all time.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    golly gosh
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    Om nom nom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Looks like a sofa my parents had in the '80s. 

So my parents had the same taste in soft furnishings as Mr Vai.  ;)

Still a classic guitar and in great nick for it age.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Wanted one of these when i was 13 soo bad....! GLWTS

• Thanks guys! It's such a nice guitar, I'm getting more nervous about parting with it the longer it stays up here!
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    I'd keep it myself. Its going to be a serious old guitar very soon and its an original, so it'll be great quality now, which is what really matters.

Super versatile guitar and has a modern take (well '80s curtains) on the classic 'Fender Paisley'.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    lovely guitar, I had one and had to let it go, would love another, bet it has sold now?, GLWTS :)
  • Long gone now unfortunately, placing this in the definitely should have kept file for sure :(
    Long gone now unfortunately, placing this in the definitely should have kept file for sure :(
    I feel exactly the same 50 :(, I still have my £30 secondhand Encore left, hopefully something will come along here soon.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    There's one of these listed on eBay right now for £2500, is it this one?
  • Looks different to my old one, mine had an aftermarket pickup cover and jack plate on it 
    Jack_ said:
    I have been watching this one for a number of weeks now ;)
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Chris777 said:
    Jack_ said:
    Is it a fair price? I'm not a Jem fan, I find them a bit OTT, but the floral design I really like. If I could have the floral design, but no tree of life inlay then it would be perfect.
    Jack_ said:
    Chris777 said:
    Jack_ said:
    Is it a fair price? I'm not a Jem fan, I find them a bit OTT, but the floral design I really like. If I could have the floral design, but no tree of life inlay then it would be perfect.
    I'm dubious to say whether or not it is a fair price, I'm guessing because the premium japan Ibanez are around £2200 new?.
     I sold mine in 2008 for £800 which I deemed a fair price, I bought mine which was an 1989 secondhand in 1995 for 700 and it looked "cool" was a lot younger then, now I'm hankering after a strat maybe or a japan RG, which I'm saving for, I suppose something is worth whatever someone will pay for it?.
  • Hard to say, I ended up trading mine for a Led Paul Standard. The floral ones seem to be rarer but best in mind a white one was struggling to sell on here for £1000...