SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Cheap 35mm SLR camera, preferably Canon.

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
As the title suggests really. Anyone?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    edited June 2015
    I've a couple of old SLR's in the loft and one of them is a Canon (can't remember the model though). If I get a minute tomorrow, I'll look it out and let you know.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Awesome, thank you!  :)
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    Ive got a 300v with standard zoom lens not doing anything still boxed iirc. Will have to check.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Not a Canon, but I've got an Olympus OM20 kicking around somewhere if that would be of interest?
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Might have an EOS 5 packed away somewhere if it is of interest.
    Thanks for the offers guys. I'll see what @drwiddly has to offer first and then I'll consider the rest...

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I have an old Chinon somewhere. Probably in good nick. Bought it in '82 for my art degree. Hasn't seen the light of day since 1985 when the course finished. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    @beed84 do you need something to keep or just want to play with one over the summer? I've got an Eos500N you can borrow over the summer.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    @BigMonka that's very kind of you to offer; however, I'm looking for one to keep as it's a new hobby I'd like to pursue.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    I have a EOS5 that I'd be willing to move on to someone who'll use it.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I have a Minolta that I can let go very cheap. I can find out the model if you like.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Finally found the bloody thing! Phew! It was hot up there :-) Anyway, it's a Canon T80 in very good nick. Let me know if it's of any interest.
    Right, thanks again for all the offers guys. And special thanks to @drwiddly for dragging himself up to a hot loft, much appreciated!  After doing a bit of research, however, I've kind of got my mind set on a Canon AE-1 - it seems to be a student standard and gets good reviews and so on (also, I have some FD lenses which are compatible with it).  Having said that I could be swayed towards @Beexter's OM20 (does it come with a lens?) and @Maynehead's Minolta (what model is it?).

I've realised I can be a picky and fickle sod at times!
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    My old man had an AE-1 it was a good camera, although about as solid and heavy as a tank. You can normally find some bargain FD lenses as well. I'm not sure I'd give up my autofocus though, but it depends what you're taking pictures of (2 small children in my case!)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Hi @beed84,
    Yep, it's got the standard lens and I think I have another one as well. I'll check when I get in tonight and send you a Pm with the details
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

@beed84

Just sent you a pm with details of the Minolta :)

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited July 2015
    Hmmm...I've got a box full of old SLR's...ought to bung them on eBay as a job lot really.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited July 2015

I think there might be a few more, too...at least one more Pentax K-1000, maybe another Nikon and some other stuff...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

@HarrySeven PM'd re Canon AE-1
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    @HarrySeven tell me about these Nikons, I'm possibly interested