G Major tap tempo via midi?

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

Would anyone know how to do tap tempo via my midi footswitch rather than using the external footswitch?

or..

Can you have an expression pedal do the tap tempo with this unit? (I cant see how that would work!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Via midi?? Buy my DisasterArea SmartCLOCK:

Essentially it takes your foot taps, converts it to BPM, and outputs that in several ways - midi clock and pulses (for DD7's and other pedals with external tap sockets)

It works really really well. I bought it to clock my Triple Delay, but now that I've sold that, this is surplus to requirements.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    You can plug in a switch into the expression pedal input and set the Tap Tempo (in Mod) to pedal.

I've also got it working by MIDI CC, but the best way I've found to do it is to loop from the external switch relay output into the expression pedal input and use a CC to switch the external relay.

The same is true on the GMajor2

Jeff
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    @normula1 can you show me this? I cant visualise it?
    Sure,
    Connect a cable as per the pic

On the GMaj, under MOD, set the Tap Tempo to use "pedal"

Further down in MOD set "Relay Tip" to use a CC of your choice e.g.80
    On your MIDI footswitch, configure the switch as a toggling switch sending (e.g.) CC80 value 127 with the toggle value CC80 value 0

So what you are essentially doing is switching the relay on and off and simulating what you would do if you had a normal footswitch plugged into the external control socket,
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

Ahh, my Laney is plugged into the external control for the Relay switching.. bum!

Do you use both of the relays?

If not you could control the Laney's channel with one relay and the TT with the other. You would just need a Y cable with a stereo plug at one end and two mono sockets at the other. 
    Plug the stereo end into the GMaj one of the mono sockets to the Laney and a short patch cable from the other mono socket to the external control.

As an alternate, you can actually just set the TT to a MIDI CC and configure a footswitch on your MIDI pedal to send the CC but I found that it was difficult to actually tap properly which is why I use the above method.