SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAW Partscaster Tele £120 Nice wood

What's Hot
SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 509
edited October 2015 in Guitars £
I traded this and another similar one yesterday for the Peavey V type and also gave some cash. It came with a fake logo (I was made aware of this) on the head and the neck was sprayed with Nitro (bright yellow) I have removed the Logo as I don't feel comfortable selling a fake branded guitar and I also took the nitro off with Acetone as the logo left a patch. There are still little faint patches left but I didn't want to get into sanding the neck. It plays lovely, not in my hands but I took it a Blues meet last night and 4 amazing guitarists proved it did. They said the other was better for me which I agree with as the neck is thinner and this is quite chunky front to back but slightly narrower across the fret board. I don't know what the pickups are sorry, the body is the one I prefered to be honest as I love the binding. I promised the wife I would sell one or the other. I have estimated the value on what it owes me. If its not worth that so be it I'd rather keep it really as its lovely. If its worth more thats fine, I only want back what it owes me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3049
    Skodadad said:
    I traded this and another similar one yesterday for the Peavey V type and also gave some cash. It came with a fake logo (I was made aware of this) on the head and the neck was sprayed with Nitro (bright yellow) I have removed the Logo as I don't feel comfortable selling a fake branded guitar and I also took the nitro off with Acetone as the logo left a patch. There are still little faint patches left but I didn't want to get into sanding the neck. It plays lovely, not in my hands but I took it a Blues meet last night and 4 amazing guitarists proved it did. They said the other was better for me which I agree with as the neck is thinner and this is quite chunky front to back but slightly narrower across the fret board. I don't know what the pickups are sorry, the body is the one I prefered to be honest as I love the binding. I promised the wife I would sell one or the other. I have estimated the value on what it owes me. If its not worth that so be it I'd rather keep it really as its lovely. If its worth more thats fine, I only want back what it owes me.

I fixed your pics for you. Nice looking guitar.

R.

imageimage

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 509
    Thanks @Robinbowes what am I doing wrong? sometimes it works sometimes not.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Got to paste the xxxxxxxxx.jpg URL using the picture button in the tool bar here ^^^^^^^

[img] etc doesn't work on here ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I also am keen, if only to put the maple neck on my telemaster and the rosewood one I already have on this!
    edited October 2015
    Best guess I'd say the finish is oil or polyurethane varnish. That really is just a guess though. Sorry I am in Crawley West Sussex. I would post (to well established forum members) if I thought there was a chance it could arrive in good condition and someone else could recommend a courier that would Insure it. That said I am only a beginner and am afraid I may have missed something that someone will pull me up on later. I think it's gorgeous but the buyer should really see / play it I guess. The binding is cream coloured I'd say I prefer it to the rounded corners on the one I'm keeping but I need a guitar to learn to play not look at. Hopefully this will work.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2niwo52.jpg
    edited October 2015
    @vaticancameos the neck will need some finishing, I put a light coat of tung oil on it just to seal it @HAL9000 played it last night and liked the neck more than the one I'm keeping. He knows his stuff so I think it's OK.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    nice, and a good price too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Can I have 3rd dibs?

As far as I'm aware Rob nobody has actually said they want it yet. I'm in Poole this weekend if that helps?
    edited October 2015
    No worries, just for the record postage would be extra and as I wouldn't be gutted to keep it it's no offers. I promised the wife I'd sell one, if one fails to sell well that can't really be helped can it ;) I would consider halfway meet ups if it helped but not half way to Scotland or anything.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2426
    looks really nice! glwts.
    Cheers @sarge will have the guitar in Dorset over the weekend if it helps anyone.
    I've had a few guys wanting this posted but I'll be honest I am worried I may have missed something. I have not found anything wrong with it but as I have only been playing for 4 months I don't want to be bent over and shafted by more experienced players with issues I would have no way of knowing about. Sorry if I seem mistrusting. But I don't have the experience to describe it very well. If you know someone local to me who can test it for you I am happy to travel within reason to let them try it. I hope that explains my reluctance to post.
  • Nice looking guitar. Would the person you traded it with know what pickups are in it?
    Possibly, I could ask
  • That would be great. I'll be near to Crawley on Saturday so could be interested.
    I've deleted the Gumtree mails sorry, I don't have his actual email address as Gumtree hides it. If nearby you are welcome to try it. I don't know if they would have a name on them inside? If you think they might I could take it apart but if any strings snap I don't have any spares handy.
    @guitarpolo no name on it sorry, maybe someone can ID it?
  • ok, thanks for looking!
  • ok, thanks for looking!