SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAW Partscaster Tele £120 Nice wood

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    edited October 2015
    Hmm just found a potential problem, it has a thin piece if cardboard behind the neck. Just guessing why but it would seem the neck angle might be wrong or something. I'd still want the same price but I do have another neck I'd bought when planning a Diy build if that's the case and you wanted that instead The card is a single piece from a packet of Rizla fag papers. Sorry I only just took the neck off to clean the nitrocellulose from the joint. Withdrawn until I find out what the deal is with that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Skodadad said:
    Hmm just found a potential problem, it has a thin piece if cardboard behind the neck. Just guessing why but it would seem the neck angle might be wrong or something. I'd still want the same price but I do have another neck I'd bought when planning a Diy build if that's the case and you wanted that instead The card is a single piece from a packet of Rizla fag papers. Sorry I only just took the neck off to clean the nitrocellulose from the joint. Withdrawn until I find out what the deal is with that.

It's a shim. It's there to make a small adjustment to the neck angle as you thought. It isn't necessarily any indication that anything is wrong with the guitar. It's a fairly common way to make a perfectly legitimate adjustment.

FWIW, for the small price you're asking for this little beauty I can't see anyone kicking up a huge stink about minor issues, and you've said yourself that several experienced guitarists have played the guitar and liked it. If it were me in your shoes I'd go ahead with the sale, be upfront about the details and probably hold on to the money from the sale until the buyer had confirmed he was happy with the guitar. 

Classy looking guitar BTW. GLWTS.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Regarding the shim it's perfectly normal and shows that someone has taken the care to set the guitar up properly. It doesn't detract from the sound and makes the action low enough without having to drop the strings too close to the pickups/body.

In fact most if not all bolt on guitars I've bought in the past I have shimmed myself as part of a perfect set up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Fwiw every bolt on guitar from the Matsumoku factory I've ever known has had a neck shim, I've also put one on almost all my bolt on guits, par for the course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's good news thanks guys, I've decided as it wasn't selling anyway to revamp it a little. Might keep it and sell the other to pay to have it all set up properly.
    Oh... It now looks like this:image
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice job-looks awesome in that pic!
    Cheers, it's very peacock just ink and briwax.