SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN - PRS NF3

What's Hot
RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
edited May 2016 in Guitars £
This is just an idea....... For sale or trade my recently acquired PRS NF3.

It is a fabulous guitar, perfect PRS construction and finish without an ounce of bling to distract. Thing is it does everything my Strat and Tele do (and possibly better TBH) but I do so love my Strat and Tele. I'm also a rosewood 'board kind of guy and I could certainly learn to love this one, but........

Ideally looking to trade for an American Deluxe Tele with rosewood 'board or something similar (ish), an AVRI Jag or Jazzmaster might be interesting......... or would be looking for @£1000 with a discussion on shipping.

Withdrawn.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27801
    We could have saved that one a few airmiles

:(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited May 2016
    @TTony, but it is the experiences and travel that makes life so much more interesting.  This thing is bullet proof so it isn't a problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Unfortunately, having checked the stockroom, I don't have any American Deluxe Teles, nor anything ish.
    @TTony, cash works...... There is always a deal to be done ;)
    Now withdrawn. I played it again a lot yesterday and now I 'get' it.  Sorry.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Nooooooooo...........!!!!!!!!!
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Richardj said:
    Now withdrawn. I played it again a lot yesterday and now I 'get' it.  Sorry.
    Glad you came to your senses!

tease

;)
    I did PM you @TTony :)
    edited May 2016

I have the Brent Mason Model which is loosely modelled on the same guitar and must admit I cant put it down - it just does everything. Id like to compare it to a NF3 to see how different the 408's sound compared to the Narrowfield's. I could then convince myself I need one of each!

Maybe its time to to sell your Strat and Tele? @Richardj

@SimpleSimon, the Narrowfields are pretty unique sounding I think. There doesn't appear to be anything unusual in the wiring (I looked at the schematic on PRS's website) but as you turn up and down the volume control it really does change the character of the pickup. Lower settings are thinner and definitely more 'Stratty', as you turn it up it just gets fatter. Roll the tone down a shade and they get as fat as you would want.  I looked at the Brent Mason model and the only difference really is the pickup arrangement and finish options. The NF3 is perhaps slightly less versatile, but much simpler without having to flip switches to split the pickups. Just roll the volume and tone to get a huge array of tones.

As to the Strat and Tele.........

Id heard they were different and sound great from what i've heard (seen) on Youtube. The 408's are amazing pickups and the real beauty of them is the difference in sound when split without discernably affecting the output levels.

Richardj said:
    I did PM you @TTony :)
    Yes, I've been working in that there "Europe" for a couple of days, and slightly disconnected from the more important things in life.

Still, you didn't say you were thinking of withdrawing it ... but if you've now found happiness with the NF3 in your arms, then I'd say the story has a happy ending.

:)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2909
    You will always come back to strats and teles Richard, believe me :)