SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Westone Prestige Cutlass - UK-made guitar for under £250 (PRICE DROP)

What's Hot
McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
edited January 2014 in Guitars £
Before I go to ebay, I thought I'd pop this on here in case anyone fancies a punt. It's a UK-built Westone Prestige Cutlass, designed by Sid Poole and built at the Status Graphite factory in the 90s. This one has been modded with a Sims custom plate and a pair of Bill Lawrence pickups. As any of you that saw my NGD thread will know, I haven't had it for long - bought at the end of November. But it was a guitar too far (especially as I then went on to buy mrkj2000's Cornford).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the guitar at all. It has a fabulous neck (quite chunky without being uncomfortable) and is generally a great sounding guitar. The pickups are powerful (possibly a little too much so for me) but articulate. There's a fair amount of wear on the body and neck and there is a little bit of wear to the frets in the cowboy chord area, but it plays fine and is buzz free. Action is low.

I don't have a case for it, but we could probably work something out. Ideally it would be collection or meet anywhere within 45 minutes of Gatwick or in Central London (West end, Victoria or London Bridge). I'm only looking to recoup costs on this: I got it for the bargain (I think) price of £225-odd (including what I spent picking it up), so that's what I'm after. Any postage on top.

I suppose trades are a potential, but I'm trying to cut down on the guitars so maybe a set of tasty pups for a LP or something. The only guitar I'd be interested in as a trade would be a Firebird or Explorer (cash adjustment, natch). Pics:

Sorry the first pic is a bit crap.  Let me know if you would like any others taking. 

Cheers

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27476
    Toot said:
    Sorry the first pic is a bit crap.  Let me know if you would like any others taking. 

Cheers

Could you take some more of the Yammy SG ??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    You know - I've even considered moving it on, despite it being the one I have maintained would never leave my possession. I just don't play it that much any more, though I think that is more a function of the dilution effect of having bought so many last year. I'm definitely in the mood to trim the herd (so I can justify buying again, of course).

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27476
    McToot said:
    You know - I've even considered moving it on, 

You would regret it.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Gloomy London bump

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    These are excellent guitars people, I doubt you'll find a better playing guitar for twice the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014
    Cheers Bob - they are great - especially the necks. Just wish I had more room, fewer other 'keepers' and had not spent so much just before Christmas. I need a major purge.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842

There you go!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

That's excessive: I find an evening on the Guinness, combined with any pulse-heavy food (lentil and chorizo stew is the weapon of choice) does a very fine job, as it were.

Sidtastic bump

How's about £200 + delivery?

That'd pretty much guarantee some form of return if sold on using the bay in the future.  The only reason I'm not doing that is because I only bought it on the bay 5 weeks ago and don't want people that might have been watching it then (it had about 12 bids) to think that it's a lemon, because it just isn't. 

I sold a few bits on ebay last weekend and it's got me energized to sell.  More in the pot for me to buy on here  ;)

Working from home bump

Bumpage for any offers. 

Heave-ho