What happened to Schnozzalee?

What's Hot
DLMDLM Frets: 2513
edited February 2017 in Help & Feedback

Doing a keyword search, I turned up one a post[1] where he'd been quoted in an abbreviated form, but couldn't find his post in the thread above. Or his profile page. And the only mention of him in the Admin/Mod interventions thread is where he was temporarily denied Classifieds privileges. In fact, all I can find are posts where others have quoted him.

confused

Was he banned?

I can still see the profiles of other folks that have been banned.

Did he leave?

Typically users who leave get an x put in front of their username.

Or has something else gone wrong?

One inquiring mind, at least, would like to know...

[1] I know they are called comments in Vanilla.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Moving to Help & Feedback and bumping.

Any ideas?

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    IIRC he left because he didn't agree with deleting classified info.

He was a good guy to be fair. I bought my Lag off him.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27599
    Strangely, I can't find any trace of him on the forum.

He may have been banned (it rings a vague bell, but I don't remember exactly), but in that case we generally leave all content in place and the userID record too.

@digitalscream might be able to find some trace in the db records, if he's got the time to look (just because it's tickled my curiousity).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • <space for hire>
  • OK, I've done some more digging - looks like his account was deleted on 14th March 2016. I have absolutely no idea why, and the software doesn't store who did it either.
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27599
    That's a bit worrying.
    I'm guessing he was deleted, along with all his content, hence he continues to exist only where quoted by others.

Hence all trace gone from the db.

We normally only completely delete the spammers.  If someone is banned, their content (and userID) is normally retained.  Might have been a user-error by one of us (I include myself as a potential user-error-er) given that we're only human.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    That's a bit worrying.
    I'm guessing he was deleted, along with all his content, hence he continues to exist only where quoted by others.

Hence all trace gone from the db.

We normally only completely delete the spammers.  If someone is banned, their content (and userID) is normally retained.  Might have been a user-error by one of us (I include myself as a potential user-error-er) given that we're only human.
    Were that the case, there would be a log entry for it; there are 18 instances where users were directly deleted, up to 31/03/2016. None of them are him, though, which is incredibly weird...seems like his account was deleted, and then the log record removed.

Definitely wasn't me, 'cos I didn't even realise you could delete users from the spam function until a couple of months ago.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I should say...I'm having to get this info from the dev server, because I cleared out the live server's logs a couple of months ago to speed things up.
    <space for hire>
  • I've found his account and email address in an ancient backup - I've sent him an email asking if he requested a deletion.
    <space for hire>
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Is his real name Elliott...
  • OK, just got an email back from him...I kinda remember what happened; he deleted content from his classifieds posts, so he had his access to the classifieds removed temporarily and then I ended up having an argument with him on Rob's forum when he started slagging us off. He assumed he'd been permanently banned for that.

In any case, his account should definitely not have been deleted; that's our mistake, so I've told him he can sign up again if he's OK with sticking to the rules.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Were that the case, there would be a log entry for it; there are 18 instances where users were directly deleted, up to 31/03/2016. None of them are him, though, which is incredibly weird...seems like his account was deleted, and then the log record removed.

Definitely wasn't me, 'cos I didn't even realise you could delete users from the spam function until a couple of months ago.
    NSA-level redacting on guitar forums? I have a more plausible suspect:

http://radio-weblogs.com/0111737/categories/wow/images/cat-on-keyboard-med-001.gif

Who could have deleted his account who has a cat?

Or a small child?

http://politigraphs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/image-1.jpeg
    OK, just got an email back from him...I kinda remember what happened; he deleted content from his classifieds posts, so he had his access to the classifieds removed temporarily and then I ended up having an argument with him on Rob's forum when he started slagging us off. He assumed he'd been permanently banned for that.

In any case, his account should definitely not have been deleted; that's our mistake, so I've told him he can sign up again if he's OK with sticking to the rules.
    http://www.robchapman.tv/forum/threads/complaint-about-your-mods.35115/page-8

Crumbs. :astonished:
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    Damn. Looks like my uber-admin backdoor access may have been rumbled.

And yes, I know that sounds like a fart joke.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sporky said:
    Damn. Looks like my uber-admin backdoor access may have been rumbled.

And yes, I know that sounds like a fart joke.
    I'm not sure it was a fart joke that came to mind.. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    That, I'd suggest, says more about you than it does about my post.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sporky said:
    That, I'd suggest, says more about you than it does about my post.
    *hangs head in shame*

I toyed with the idea of asking the missus if I could have uber-admin backdoor access and quickly came to my senses.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @DLM - the funny part is that it's actually far more likely that the forum software coughed up a hairball when his account was accidentally deleted and didn't record it in the logs. Most probably because the people who wrote the forum software weren't particularly fastidious when it comes to the details.

In any case, he's said he'll sign up again, and abide by the rules too. All sorted.
    <space for hire>
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    Bidley said:
    IIRC he left because he didn't agree with deleting classified info.

He was a good guy to be fair. I bought my Lag off him.
    Thank you

Hope you're still enjoying those scalloped frets Bidley

Back in the house with digitalscream/DLM's help and disputes/arguments in the past

Heading to the Rugby Union Thread to catch up  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Welcome back sir.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    Deijavoo said:
    Welcome back sir.
    Thank ye kindly