Amanda Knox found guilty - again.

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24363
edited January 2014 in Off Topic
According to a court in Italy....  her previous appeal and acquittal was flawed.

Ms Knox did not attend the retrial and was last seen standing behind an American flag in Seattle, flicking V's in the general direction of Italy.

Chances of the US extraditing her ? - roughly less than nil I reckon.

What say ye ?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I say she's more attractive today than yesterday...
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    I reckon they will get off on appeal.
  • They seem to get off on all kinds of stuff ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9656
    I really don't know what to make of the whole thing. There's very little evidence against her - small traces of DNA, but wouldn't expect that when you're sharing a flat? The guy who's already been found guilty of the murder - why hasn't his account of the night seemingly not being considered?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    All seems dumb to me. Guilty verdict didn't seem that sound. Next thing let off on appeal. Now they want her back in the slammer! So ...... New appeal and out again??? Change their mind and back??? Ridiculous.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I give it three days before people on daytime TV are asking "the tough questions" about the case - namely "Would you still bone her?"
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    And where do you stand on the bone or no bone question @Bucket?

If you stay the night best sleep with one eye open or tie her up to be safe.

For the danger shag element I might have to say nail her good.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014
    johnnyurq said:
    And where do you stand on the bone or no bone question @Bucket?

If you stay the night best sleep with one eye open or tie her up to be safe.

For the danger shag element I might have to say nail her good.
    She's 26 and I'm 18, so I'm on shaky ground already even without the possible-but-perhaps-unlikely-murderer element.

Getting back to the matter at hand - the way the BBC are portraying it does suggest she's being very much stitched up. The Italian legal system is not known for its reliability and impartiality, let's be honest.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24363
    I don't want to seem the party pooper here, but, given that a young woman has been stabbed to death, don't you think it's a little callous to be discussing whether or not you'd have sex with the prime suspect in the case ?
    Emp_Fab said:
    I don't want to seem the party pooper here, but, given that a young woman has been stabbed to death, don't you think it's a little callous to be discussing whether or not you'd have sex with the prime suspect in the case ?
    I know - I was satirising the attitudes I remember seeing earlier in the case's history, when everyone and his dog was going on about her private life and wondering whether or not they'd shag her if she turned out not guilty.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going mental, I definitely remember seeing a question like that being asked on a TV programme. Whether it was real or a satire, I can't remember.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    No you are correct @Bucket from the kick off she was portrayed as kinky Foxy Knoxy and the usual suspects made great capital out of it in the penny dreadfuls.

Emp seriously did you not spot both bucket and my responses were in a humorous vain?

Of course the tragedy is that a young woman lost her life in very odd circumstances. But given how muddy the waters were then and more so now, we haven't a clue if she is guilty or not.

The evidence as reported doesn't seem to be able prove it was her with any certainty at all never mind beyond doubt. Add the shittiness of the Italian judiciary and what are the chances of a decent result for this case.

I really feel for the family of Meredith Kercher having to continually go through it all again who want closure and someone punished and held to account. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Emp_Fab said:

You haven't been here long, have you?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    I have carried out another review of the evidence available and come to the conclusion that, I still would.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24363
    johnnyurq said:
    Emp seriously did you not spot both bucket and my responses were in a humorous vain?

In mitigation, I was pissed and just had an argument with Mrs Fab.  I really have to stop drinking.

Oh fuckity fuck-biscuits - I've managed to get honey on my mousepad.  How the f...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, there'll probably be a movie out about it shortly so we'll be able to make our own minds up about it then....
    I'm going with Leonardo DiCaprio as Raffaele, but I'm struggling with an actress to play Foxy Knoxy.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
     but I'm struggling with an actress to play Foxy Knoxy.
    Drew in that kimono
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    With a wig, surely?

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    what have the liberals got to do with anything ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    OJ Simpson could play Foxy Noxy !!!