Amanda Knox found guilty - again.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Thought this piece in the Guardian about the Italian justice system was interesting.

I'm not convinced of Knox or her boyfriend's guilt. I think they got it right with the other guy and for some reason wanted to make more of the crime than what it was and went after this pair. Doesn't make a lot of sense - especially given how shaky the evidence is, and how much of it was thrown out making the acquittal. 

It's also mad you can be convicted, acquitted and then retried.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72634
    I'm not convinced of Knox or her boyfriend's guilt. I think they got it right with the other guy and for some reason wanted to make more of the crime than what it was and went after this pair. Doesn't make a lot of sense - especially given how shaky the evidence is, and how much of it was thrown out making the acquittal. 
    I'm pretty sure it was the other guy who blamed these two and got his sentence reduced as a result.

I'm not at all convinced of their guilt either. Although obviously we didn't get to see the whole trial evidence, apart from the more lurid accusations not a lot of hard evidence was mentioned beyond a tiny amount of DNA… which given that they shared a flat might not be that surprising, even if there was no evidence contamination. If they'd really been involved in killing her I would expect much more.

I understand the victim's family wanting 'justice', but if they wrongly convict people then that's no justice at all. Like you my guess is that they've already got the one who really did it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835
    I'd be very very surprised if she was actually extradited. Guilty or not, she was still upto some weird shit that night. 

She's not that hot either. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835
    bertie said:
    what I find strange, is anyone outside the victims family,  gives a shit
    Isn't it human nature to find this kind of thing interesting? If it isn't, why are films and books about murderers so popular? 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Conviction annulled now, so we'll never find out what really happened. Must be terrible for the Kercher family.
  • A5D5E5A5D5E5 Frets: 307
    I have no idea if she is guilty or not, but Italian "justice" seems to be some macabre Sisyphean merry-go-round. Each time there is a verdict the losing side presses a button and round they all go again. 

Sheer madness. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Completely off-topic - but I've always loved this song:

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    axisus said:
    All seems dumb to me. Guilty verdict didn't seem that sound. Next thing let off on appeal. Now they want her back in the slammer! So ...... New appeal and out again??? Change their mind and back??? Ridiculous.
    @axisus You get the prize...

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27227
    edited March 2015
    Finally the right result. There is literally zero evidence that either of them had anything to do with it, except the testimony of Rudy Guede, a man whose own sentence was cut in half *because of his testimony*, and the only man that the admissible physical evidence points to on any level. If anyone had a motive to lie in court it's that guy.

The Italian police and legal muppets involved ran a clusterfuck of an investigation, and they've been desperate to pin it on these 2 to make themselves look fractionally less dumb than they actually are.

DNA evidence is pointless because it was a shared house - unless it was found directly on the body of the dead girl, for example how Rudy Guede's bloody handprint was found *under* the dead body. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Exactly. They now need to review the case against Guede and especially the length of his sentence.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24437
    Has he got a brother, Johnny B ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Wouldn't mind giving Foxy Knoxy a foot rub come to think about it.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    She's hot.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    She's hot.

She is. I like her with long hair rather than the short bob.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    America always creates a storm when they want someone extradited to the US from another country. But do they ever handover one of their own? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    Chalky said:
    America always creates a storm when they want someone extradited to the US from another country. But do they ever handover one of their own? ;)
    @chalky wisdom awarded.

Anyone remember Chris Tappin, the UK businessman, who imo made a genuine error, was hounded by the US authorities for 5 years, effectively bankrupted, extradited, publicly humiliated as a 'flight risk' before being dumped in jail. 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24437
    He was the father of a friend of someone on here IIRC.

Any country that hands anyone over to the yanks is not interested in justice.  Their record is appalling.  They have more people locked up than any other country in the world, and there are more young black men in jail across the US than in college.  ...and don't get me started on Guantanamo.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming