What are you using to amplify your Helix/AxeFX/Kemper?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I have a few power amps including a Matrix GT1000FX, a Fryette Power Station, a Marshall 20/20 and. Mesa 2:90. I always use them into guitar cabs with cab emulation off with an emulated signal to FOH. 

The Mesa sounds the best but it's stunningly heavy. The Matrix is light and powerful but a bit beige. At the moment I'm swapping between  the Power Station and the Marshall and liking them both a lot. They're both light and loud enough for any gig I do plus they have that valve amp 'push' that I really like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Fryette Power Station into real cab.

Switched from matrix power amps after years of using them.  Frfr never worked for me live as backline.
    I hadn't considered the Fryette, I though it was just an attenuator, been reading and it sounds interesting. Do you go line in then then out to cab? Is this with cabs turned off in your modeller?

A Fryette and a Zilla 1x12 with a creamback is probably more than I want to pay but is of interest

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I use a pair of them as I said above into a pair of Orange PPC 1x12s. The reason I picked the Orange cabs is because they are well made and light. I split the helix path before the cab sim and send that to the 1/4 outs into the FX ins on the freyette. I put neo cream backs in the orange cabs so they weigh next to nothing

I don't know if the above routing will make sense to you if you haven't used a helix but basically I've joined the two paths together into a single big path that spans both DSPs and then split them before the stereo cab emulation and pt a couple of eq blocks which I switch on and off depending on the power amps I'm using
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use the F/X return on a BluGuitar AMP1 into an Orange 1X12 for my Atomic AmpliFire. It sounds great, it's really compact and I have a built-in backup option.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Cabicular said:
    I don't know if the above routing will make sense to you if you haven't used a helix but basically I've joined the two paths together into a single big path that spans both DSPs and then split them before the stereo cab emulation and pt a couple of eq blocks which I switch on and off depending on the power amps I'm using
    Yes it makes sense.

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    andy1839 said:
    Kemper - For home use, spdif into Cambridge Dacmagic into a Yamaha hifi amp into B&W shelf speakers and Tannoy floor standers. Playing outside, into a Peavey 6505 212 with WGS retro 30 speakers (preamp in) bypassing the cab emulation. Sounds ok to me. 
    Interesting, i wondered whether this was possible. My parents have my old hifi separates but have stopped using them, and I have nowhere to put my turntable at home, so I was thinking of getting rid of my amp & pedals, getting a modeller, and putting it through the separates as well as setting the turntable up in the same system. Sounds like it's a goer.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.