I need a practice amp for home , please recommend something !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Boss Katana, hate to be a stuck record, but is the no-brainer choice at the moment 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    sweepy said:
    Boss Katana, hate to be a stuck record, but is the no-brainer choice at the moment 
    When I tried the 50w and 100w combos I came to the same conclusion. The clean channel was ok but the crunch, lead and brown had that solid state brashness  and stiffness  that I can't live with, there is no doubt it's great value for money, but just not for me.
  • sweepy said:
    When I tried the 50w and 100w combos I came to the same conclusion. The clean channel was ok but the crunch, lead and brown had that solid state brashness  and stiffness  that I can't live with, there is no doubt it's great value for money, but just not for me.
    I tried a Katana 50 alongside a THR10c. For home use I still think the THR10c has the edge on the 50 at least, and through headphones it sounded slightly better too. The 100 does seem to sound completely different to the 50 in reviews though, even at the 0.5w setting. Clean and crunch seemed to be decent, but lead just had too much treble and was a bit harsh. 
  • Is it all rock and metal? If so, there is the blackstar ht metal range - there is a 1 watt and 5 watt head. 

Decent sounding - I had the ht metal pedal and it was tremendous, and had a decent enough clean sound too. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    If solid state too fizzy the maybe look at Blackstar HT1 or HT5 (metal or regular) or marshall dsl5. Marshall would need a separate reverb pedal.

If they are too noisy for home then look at modellers (eg. zoom, amplifire, helix) depending on budget.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Has anyone said Katana 50 yet? ;) 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I picked up a marshall dsk5c for sale locally last night. I figure I can move it on if I don;t like it or see something more suitable.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    get a Yamaha THR from Amazon (or another online retailer) try it for a few days and send it back if you don't like it.

I have the X version and it's great for home use

• The_JinJThe_JinJ Frets: 0
    I've been thinking of getting a Fender Mustang I or II, seems pretty good when teamed up with Fuse, if you don't mind being tied to a pc. Doubles as a usb interface....
  • champ222champ222 Frets: 34
    Marshall DSL201 - 20 watt 1x12 valve combo? i have one in the classifieds. sounds great at bedroom levels.
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    VOX DA5 if you can find one used!
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Tone king falcon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited July 2017
    as a(Woolworths) Audition owner/user since 1973, I am gladdened to see them making a comeback!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)