Cold/Flu

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
I am one of these lucky buggers who don't get head colds/flu or sniffles and as a result i really don't have much experience of them, but i have one now.....

I am in my 10th day i guess and there appears tae have been 3 little episodes...a headache with no blockage for a few days then a raw sore throat c/w completely bunged up with no phlegm production for a few days and then runny nose and coughing up from nose and chest the green shit.....no tiredness or sore muscles

ring any bells, you experienced anything like this in 2017/18?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    edited February 2018
    I got ill a few weeks ago. Out of nowhere just started coughing a really dry and tickley cough, which promptly turned into a chest infection and then full blown bronchitis. Took me out of action for 3 weeks, got over it totally after 5 weeks, went on holiday last week and now I’ve started with the exact symptoms you describe. 

Awesome. 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    I’ve been off for nearly 2 weeks, tried to go back on Wed and lasted an hour before being told to go home.  Went to doctor, told me to not be stupid and go home and recover and the average is about 2 weeks at the moment

Started in throat, moved up into sinuses with loads of runny nose stuff, then top of head with stupid headache, then back down with a rotten painful cough. Then lots of chest pain from all the coughing

Tell you what, I’ve never had flu before,  clearly.  I’m not even sure I’ll be back at work on Monday.
    had to cancel 2 gigs and 2 open mics :(

wish you better mate

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    thanks guys....keep well
    tae be or not tae be
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    If there's no tiredness or soreness it probably isn't flu.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    I've just started getting over a weird cold/flu thing in the past few days.

Coughing like my guts are going to come out but not even getting a cleared throat but getting sore stomach muscles (which is weird as I haven't got any of them things). Having to blow my nose to breath but no snot. not eating much (I've lost between 1/2 and 3/4 of a stone), getting the runs halfway through the first week. Only found out about that when I was in a coughing fit in bed-luckily as I hadn't been eating much not a lot came out, but by the time I got to the bog it was running down my leg. The few things I did eat tasted very sweet.
  • You'll know if you have flu. A cold is all in your head - can start throat and move to sinus or vice versa. But flu you feel all over your body like a tired dull ache. A cold makes you feel pissed off, but flu makes you want to go to bed and stay there for a long time. (I'm lucky enough to never have had pneumonia, but my wife has had it twice and from what she says it is flu++ )