SOLO: just saw it!

What's Hot

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Personally Disney can do what they like - if people keep going then there’s clearly a market.

However, if they do a Fett movie and screw it up then I will curse them for all eternity to be stuck in a pit of tauntaun shit.
    Fett really needs some redemption. He's the most useless bounty hunter. Probably he's best left dead in the sand fanny imo.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138

It wouldn't take very long for even the "B-roll" Star Wars characters to run out. Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lando Calrissian, Boba Fett... After that you're in to characters so sketchily drawn it's not worth the bother.

Admiral Ackbar: A Star Wars Story, anyone?

I'm hoping for a spin-off along the lines of Happy Feet in which a Bantha finds out he's got a natural gift for dancing. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    bbill335 said:
    Personally Disney can do what they like - if people keep going then there’s clearly a market.

However, if they do a Fett movie and screw it up then I will curse them for all eternity to be stuck in a pit of tauntaun shit.
    Fett really needs some redemption. He's the most useless bounty hunter. Probably he's best left dead in the sand fanny imo.
    That’s like saying Vader is the shittest bad guy of all times.

Getting one Death Star blown up by a bunch of liberal fannies in jump suits is one thing... but two?? FFS man..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7011
    bbill335 said:

That’s like saying Vader is the shittest bad guy of all times.

Getting one Death Star blown up by a bunch of liberal fannies in jump suits is one thing... but two?? FFS man..
    The first one must’ve made for an awkward phone call to the Emperor.

https://youtu.be/3F1d3QWsyk0

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I thought it was average then again I'm not a diehard star wars fan. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    bbill335 said:

This is the most brit type humour response I've read in a while hahahah
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145

It wouldn't take very long for even the "B-roll" Star Wars characters to run out. Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lando Calrissian, Boba Fett... After that you're in to characters so sketchily drawn it's not worth the bother.

Admiral Ackbar: A Star Wars Story, anyone?

I'm hoping for a spin-off along the lines of Happy Feet in which a Bantha finds out he's got a natural gift for dancing. 

Bantha Boogie: A Star Wars Story

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Saw it tonight with Mrs B

Sorry, but the reviews are BS.

It was an entertaining couple of hours. Much better than the prequels and IMHO better than the last two. Not as good as rogue one. 

But all all in all worth going to see. I think the difference with the prequels is simple: the cast in this one can actually act, and Ron Howard can actually direct.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Saw it tonight with Mrs B

Sorry, but the reviews are BS.

It was an entertaining couple of hours. Much better than the prequels and IMHO better than the last two. Not as good as rogue one. 

But all all in all worth going to see. I think the difference with the prequels is simple: the cast in this one can actually act, and Ron Howard can actually direct.
    Yup, I went today with my youngest (10) and thought the same. A lot more Star Warsey and a lot less Disney-fied. Visually it's a lot closer to the originals I thought, darker and a bit more gritty. The story is pretty straightforward but I can't think of any point where I lost interest. All this bullshit about the guy playing Han not being up to it is nonsense, he's not Harrison Ford so get over it and see it for what it is, a 2 hour space cowboy action film with a few laughs and Chewie ripping someone's arms off. 
     It has a lot better flow to how the story's told than the last two, Ron Howard did a great job IMO. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Just seen it and I enjoyed it a lot. Took about 0 seconds to get over Han not being Harrison Ford and get into it.

It's got blasters, TIE fighters, the Millenniem Falcon, Chewie playing chess. What's not to love?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    I watched it this weekend and found it totally uninspired. If TLJ was the worst Greene King shithouse boozer imaginable, then Solo is All Bar One. It looks nice, it feels nice, but it's got no soul and you end up realising how much you've spent on not much by the end of the night. 

(Rogue One by the pub rating guides is one of those lovely pubs with no carpet, feet stuck to the floor, pool table hotwired for free games, and you can still smell the nicotine on the ancient tables). 

Box office performance looks admirably awful. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    It was good. A bit of a let down as my inner-10-yo was absent. He makes the Star Wars experience much more exciting.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited June 2018
    I liked it.  Two hours of entertainment with very little depth, but who cares?  Some nice little references that were obviously included for long time fans.  

I don't understand why people get so hung up and pithy about children's films?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16682

Just thinking about this Star Wars fatigue thing.... try to remember where we were a couple of decades ago

They had done a VHS boxed set of the original trilogy available for the last time ever.  Then we all got excited about the remastered version being shown at the cinema again, one per year?  Then we got some prequels, least said the better.

I loved the whole thing - even though a lot of bad things happened to Star Wars in that period

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    edited June 2018
    I finally struck up the (caravan of) courage to go and see this last night and I can echo the positive comments on here. I was pleasantly surprised at how natural it all felt, not-Ford was great - doesn’t matter that he’s not Ford, his delivery and mannerisms suited my perception of Solo. Oddly, I thought Lando was harder to grasp - something felt off about him, trying too hard perhaps?

As with the others, I suspect this one will be overlooked for a couple of years before getting the recognition it deserves. I’d like to see a sequel of sorts, but I’m happy with what we’ve got and I’m sure there’ll be more comics and EU options in that respect.

Better than TLJ & I-III, on par with TFA, not as good as RO or OT.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3026
    I watched it with the family last night.  I enjoyed it even if it wasn't quite as good as RO. It certainly left a few ideas open to potentially link stuff up later on. 

I finally struck up the (caravan of) courage to go and see this last night and I can echo the positive comments on here. I was pleasantly surprised at how natural it all felt, Ingruber was great - doesn’t matter that he’s not Ford, his delivery and mannerisms suited my perception of Solo. Oddly, I thought Lando was harder to grasp - something felt off about him, trying too hard perhaps?

As with the others, I suspect this one will be overlooked for a couple of years before getting the recognition it deserves. I’d like to see a sequel of sorts, but I’m happy with what we’ve got and I’m sure there’ll be more comics and EU options in that respect.

LOL for Caravan of Courage. 

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    I finally struck up the (caravan of) courage to go and see this last night and I can echo the positive comments on here. I was pleasantly surprised at how natural it all felt, Ingruber was great - doesn’t matter that he’s not Ford, his delivery and mannerisms suited my perception of Solo. Oddly, I thought Lando was harder to grasp - something felt off about him, trying too hard perhaps?

Fail for "Ingruber" try Alden Ehrenreich... it should have been Ingruber imho

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Fail for "Ingruber" try Alden Ehrenreich... it should have been Ingruber imho

I saw that too, I just didn't want to be a dick about it. It's not like either of them is a household name.

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

I love how the internet is calling this film an absolute failure/terrible film. Whether it makes a loss in the long term (I imagine they may have known about this loss a long time ago due to the issues with constant changes/added costs) it is STILL a great film.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom