CRL or Oak Grigsby?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JohnPerry said:
    Necro bumping this thread only because my second Oak 5-way Tele switch fell to bits tonight! Got looser and looser, finally stopped working and the innards then just fell out.

Have ordered a CRL. Never had problems with ANY Tele switch before these two Oaks
    Blimey!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Wow now I’m necro bumping this thread because I’ve just had the same problem as some of you other gents.  

I was at a rehearsal earlier for a new band I’m playing with and while switching from neck to bridge the switch felt really loose then the next time I used it the selector part of the switch came off in my hand.  It’s an oak grigsby and only about 14 months old so looks like I’ll need to order a crl this time.  
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I'm against the constant drive to cheapen the parts and the quality drop that goes with it. 
    I'd rather pay an extra buck or two and have something that will last the distance

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I'm against the constant drive to cheapen the parts and the quality drop that goes with it. 
    I'd rather pay an extra buck or two and have something that will last the distance
    Me too I bought the oak grigsby cause I always thought they were a decent quality part and didn’t see this thread until I did a search tonight so had no idea others had this problem.  I’ve had oak grigsby switches in older strats which have taken way more abuse than this one.  I’d rather they just charged a little more instead of making a cheaper quality part.