SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB amp with headphone output

Now that I've got babies I'm not going to get away with playing unless I'm silent. Rather than have a headphone-only setup like guitar rig or something I'd one amp for silent home noodling, practice and small gigs (for reference I've always found my ac15 to have the volume for my gigs).

I'll try not to be snobby about valves/analogue/digital/modelling whatever as long as it sounds good live and good in phones (so probably needs a cab emulator?).

I've not been too impressed by the katana (no matter how many people try to convince me otherwise!), and price-wise I'm open to anything under £1000.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't Rupert Neve make a well-regarded headphone amp?
  • Line 6 Amplifi 75 or 150 but not sure how it would work in a gigging environment? there's always the blackstar id core stuff? the amplifi works fine with all my pedals. It's a brilliant late night practice tool for whilst kids are in bed, great fun! I use my 75 all the time and can stream my bands stuff via bluetooth and play away, Doesn't the Roland JC40 have a headphone out?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    Vox Handbag??
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    There's a great Mesa DC3 for sale on here for £300! These have a clever mute switch so you can silence the amp and run headphones without causing any damage.
  • Bluguitar amp1 sounds great through headphones attach cab for gigs
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • RevMatt said:
    There's a great Mesa DC3 for sale on here for £300! These have a clever mute switch so you can silence the amp and run headphones without causing any damage.
    I couldn't find it. Could you post a link?
  • I'm about to sell my Marshall Class 5 in vintage finish.  It has the 1watt reduction or headphone out too?
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4102
    I bought a vox lead headphone amplug for exactly that reason - noodling in the lounge at night with the tv on in the background.  Best thing I ever bought for £30.  I can sound like van Halen whilst watching Homer drink Duff and no one knows about it.  Totally recommend it.