Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Spice Girls Tour Tickets - have you seen the prices?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    fandango said:
    Even if you have picked up the fact that all bar Mrs Beckham have regrouped to do a money spinning tour, you’re now too late to grab a ticket. They’ve all sold out. Wooo!

Anyway, having read how Mr Bonamassa gouges us, how do you feel about the Spices girls gouging us with VIP tickets at say £306? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/10/spice-girls-fans-vip-tickets-get-100-extra-tote-bag-badge-poster/
    @fandango , you're really not going to like the price of Eagles VIP tickets.
    Yes, but surely the Eagles are a better live proposition, and don't need autotune.

I cut my stage debut with Take it Easy  :) and the Eagles make some great music ... especially Journey of the Sorcerer.

The bland pop of the Spice Girls isn't in the same league. However it is interesting that Posh Spice is so rolling in the moolah, she had no need to hide the embarrassment of being "only in it for the money".

And on that note, can I bring Zappa into the equation? He was 50 years ahead of the Spice Girls. Can you imagine any of the girls singing "Harry, You're a Beast", "What's the Ugliest Part of Your Body?", "The Idiot Bastard Son" or "Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance". Frank was in it for more than money. Artistic genius.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandango said:
    fandango said:
    Even if you have picked up the fact that all bar Mrs Beckham have regrouped to do a money spinning tour, you’re now too late to grab a ticket. They’ve all sold out. Wooo!

Anyway, having read how Mr Bonamassa gouges us, how do you feel about the Spices girls gouging us with VIP tickets at say £306? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/10/spice-girls-fans-vip-tickets-get-100-extra-tote-bag-badge-poster/
    @fandango , you're really not going to like the price of Eagles VIP tickets.
    Yes, but surely the Eagles are a better live proposition, and don't need autotune.

Not at £618 + booking fee they're not.  The better live proposition for me is something that I enjoy.  

fandango said:

And on that note, can I bring Zappa into the equation?

How much is he charging for VIP tickets?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    fandango said:
    And on that note, can I bring Zappa into the equation? He was 50 years ahead of the Spice Girls.

@fandango wins the internet for today with that!

You should make it your sig!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited November 2018
    Be careful there’s a scam going on with these tickets and people are losing out. Apparently if you buy 2 they become 1...

I’ll get me coat...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandango said:

The bland pop of the Spice Girls isn't in the same league.

Oh yes it is. I will certainly concede that the technical ability of the Eagles is huge, but their music is just as insipid as that of the Spice Girls.

Wouldn't want to listen to either, but perhaps I'd rather watch the Spice Girls
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited November 2018
    https://youtu.be/k-sy62EIeVo
    Ffw to 3 minutes for the music.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    Iamnobody said:
    Be careful there’s a scam going on with these tickets and people are losing out. Apparently if you buy 2 they become 1...

I’ll get me coat...
    Stop right now!  Thank you very much!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Mel B once asked me what colour stockings she should wear to a ball she was going to.

True story.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Iamnobody said:

I’ll get me coat...
    Stop right now!  Thank you very much!
    Genuine lol! 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

fandango said:
    And on that note, can I bring Zappa into the equation? He was 50 years ahead of the Spice Girls.

@fandango wins the internet for today with that!

You should make it your sig!
    Indeed!!! I'm only in it for the money too! Pays for the GAS.
  • You think that shower of shit is expensive check out the Elton John tickets, robbing wee dwarf, just so happpens the Mrs is dead set on going 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    You think that shower of shit is expensive check out the Elton John tickets, robbing wee dwarf, just so happpens the Mrs is dead set on going 
    My Mrs wanted to go and see Elton John. She insisted on us getting seated tickets. That’s up to you I said - but I’m still standing.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold out doesn't mean sold out to punters. 

I bet a fuck load of tickets are in the parasite touts pockets. 

I wouldn't go anyway*, but it's standard procedure now. 

* I think the urge to relive my youth and tug one out over Emma B on mute will be too traumatic 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My favourite Spice Girl was always Madhur Jaffrey
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sold out doesn't mean sold out to punters. 

* I think the urge to relive my youth and tug one out over Emma B on mute will be too traumatic 
    Your finger healed now, has it?  ;)
  • fandango said:
    Sold out doesn't mean sold out to punters. 

Your finger healed now, has it?  ;)
    It was my left hand 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • My favourite Spice Girl was always Madhur Jaffrey
    @andrewaward , my local curry house has a sign on the door saying "You don't have to be Madhur Jaffrey to work here, but it helps!".  :P 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^ =)
  • You think that shower of shit is expensive check out the Elton John tickets, robbing wee dwarf, just so happpens the Mrs is dead set on going 
    Elton John. Great on the piano, sucks on the organ. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom