Opinions on this top please

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Not a fan myself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4716
    OK.  It stays and I revert to plan a............
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    That is stunning. I love it.

Normal Les Pauls with flame can be a bit samey, I love ones with imperfections, or in this case the spalt.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    Outstanding. Would absolutely have that. Spalted quilt is pretty rare - wood aficionados would dig it. 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3136
    edited March 2019
    Does the spalted top affect how it plays and sounds? To me spending over a grand on a guitar and deciding between two purely on what they look like in a picture seems like a slightly flawed decision process.

Ps like the spalt
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4716
    Does the spalted top affect how it plays and sounds? To me spending over a grand on a guitar and deciding between two purely on what they look like in a picture seems like a slightly flawed decision process.

Ps like the spalt
    Its in Spain so playing it will be quite tricky.  All the Tokais I can find are bloody miles away, even in this country.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Looks like something my 2 year old would do if I let him loose with a sharpie.

I liked some of the the natural spalted tops PRS have done on the SE range though.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I like it
  • rlw said:

Ps like the spalt
    Its in Spain so playing it will be quite tricky.  All the Tokais I can find are bloody miles away, even in this country.
    I totally get where your coming from, I’m really gassing for a Didonato yet have never seen one in the flesh. So in reality your buying a piece of art as opposed to an instrument?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3824
    I like it.