SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Rack amp (sorted now, thanks)

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
edited April 2014 in Amps £
Looking for a rack amp to go with my Eleven Rack. I'm not looking to spend a fortune (max of £300 all-in, depending on what it is). Stuff I've been thinking about...

- Marshall 20/20
- Peavey Classic 50/50
- Peavey Tour 700 bass amp
- ART SLA-2
- Rocktron Velocity 300
- Matrix XT500, XT800 or GT800FX (yeah, I'm being pretty hopeful on all three of these)

I'd much prefer something in a 1U case, but 2U is acceptable if need be (nothing above that) and I'd like to keep the weight down as much as is possible. Definitely don't want any KAM or equivalent low-end PA amps.

So...what have you got?
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6835

GT800fx for £350? Its not mine, but I was tempted before I bought a Matrix Q12A...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/sale/82450-matrix-gt800fx-fs-uk.html

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    Cheers...I've messaged him. Unlikely he'll go for my lowballed offer, but I apologised in advance ;)
    <space for hire>
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I have a Marshall 9100 50/50 (5881tubed) power amp that is in near mint condition and just doesn't get played at all as I tend to play at home only. Would want a little more for it but thought I'd mention it in passing.

I can supply it in a 3U ali flightcase if you need it to be gig worthy

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

I have a Marshall 9100 50/50 (5881tubed) power amp that is in near mint condition and just doesn't get played at all as I tend to play at home only. Would want a little more for it but thought I'd mention it in passing.

I can supply it in a 3U ali flightcase if you need it to be gig worthy
    Cheers...I appreciate it, but those things are waaaaaay too heavy for me. One of those would take the total rack weight to about 40kg, and my aging bones wouldn't be able to take it ;)
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6835
    Did you get the matrix? I see it's now shown as sold on the axe fx site.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Nah...damn thing sold a few hours before I got to him. Gah.

Currently mulling the idea of a Matrix GM50 module - as near as I can tell, it's basically half of a GT800FX. Thinking about building a box for it rather than cutting a hole in my cab, 'cos I don't really want to stop myself using it as a passive cab for my Jet City...
    <space for hire>
  • Hello,

I have a Peavey Classic 50/50 for sale, in good condition. I'm based in South West London. Send me a private message if you are interested and we can discuss further.

Thanks.
    All sorted, guys - Nikolas didn't get to me before I won a Marshall 20/20 on eBay. Can't help feeling I've done something foolish, but that's what GAS is all about...
    <space for hire>