Your First Actor Crush?

What's Hot

Comments

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Gassage said:

If I were straight, I don't think there's many more beautiful women than Julia Roberts, espcially in this dress:

That I don't get - Julia Roberts is one of those women that other women seem to find utterly gorgeous, whilst every (straight, at least) man I know goes "Err, no". See also Posh Spice, Sarah Jessica Parker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    I used to watch a gaming show on Sky 1 called Gamesworld and every Tuesday there was a show called Big Boy Barry.  The show had David Walliams when he was still called David Williams and Jet in a tight leather dress.

It's a good thing I didn't have Sky in my early teens, or I'm pretty sure I'd've worn it down to a nub.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I can remember falling for Agnetha Faltskog in short skirt, when ABBA appeared on "Seaside Special". Not an actress, but I think that would have to be my first celeb crush.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited April 2015
    I didn't go for actresses when I was of the "having a crush" age. With respect to my former post (Pat Benatar, Valerie Singleton), the former was more a fantasy than a crush as I was too old for "crushes", and for the latter I was too young to know what a "crush" was.

IIRC the nearest thing I had to a "crush" was for

http://www.mtv.com/crop-images/2013/08/23/MaryHopkin_cr_RB_1969.jpg

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    LoFi said:
    I don't get - Julia Roberts is one of those women that other women seem to find utterly gorgeous, whilst every (straight, at least) man I know goes "Err, no". See also Posh Spice, Sarah Jessica Parker.
    Completely agree about Posh and SJP - they seem to be a woman's idea of an attractive woman, and very definitely not my thing. Julia Roberts is mostly in that category too, but does occasionally manage to be actually attractive (in Erin Brockovich, if I recall correctly, which fits with the pattern of avoiding "conventional" ideas of beauty).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24442
    Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar....

Why the long face?
  • Gassage said:

If I were straight, I don't think there's many more beautiful women than Julia Roberts, espcially in this dress:

Actually I always thought that dress made her look quite manly.... Ooooooooh I see!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    mart said:
    LoFi said:
    I don't get - Julia Roberts is one of those women that other women seem to find utterly gorgeous, whilst every (straight, at least) man I know goes "Err, no". See also Posh Spice, Sarah Jessica Parker.
    Completely agree about Posh and SJP - they seem to be a woman's idea of an attractive woman, and very definitely not my thing. Julia Roberts is mostly in that category too, but does occasionally manage to be actually attractive (in Erin Brockovich, if I recall correctly, which fits with the pattern of avoiding "conventional" ideas of beauty).

I'd bring Audrey Hepburn into that category too.  Lovely stylish lady and all that, but not remotely sexy.  I watched Charade, with Hepburn and Cary Grant, a few years ago - it always gets great reviews but I've never seen anything so camp in my life.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    LoFi said:
    Gassage said:

That I don't get - Julia Roberts is one of those women that other women seem to find utterly gorgeous, whilst every (straight, at least) man I know goes "Err, no". See also Posh Spice, Sarah Jessica Parker.

I think Jules scrubs up pretty nice myself:

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    mart said:
    LoFi said:
    After a quick poll of the females in my family they've agreed that SJP is a munter but Posh can look pretty but needs feeding up.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I don't think there's any such person as Posh Beckham. Every photo I've seen of her is exactly the same, she stands with her head to one side with a sulky expression on her 2 dimensional face. Surely, she's just a cardboard cut out.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Jennifer Connelly in Labiarynth was the first crush i can remember in movies .. when she ran over the bridge in the beginning in the rain ... awake ye beast.. arise!!!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Julia Roberts does nothing for me and I struggle to understand any love for Pretty Woman which is just...well..awful.Give me Charlie Dimmock in a dampened t shirt.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    DesVegas said:
    Jennifer Connelly in Labiarynth was the first crush i can remember in movies .. when she ran over the bridge in the beginning in the rain ... awake ye beast.. arise!!!

I know her for Dario Argento's Phenomena, which I think was a year or two earlier.  I've never seen Labyrinth.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    DesVegas said:
    Yes...she is something to behold. I felt my heart flutter when I saw her in 'A Beautiful Mind'.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Another one from the dim and distant past that was gorgoeus - Francesca Annis on Jackanory.

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    ^Flowella Benjamin?
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I fancied the arse of Julia Roberts in the 1990s, pretty much from Flatliners to her guest appearance in Friends. Big hair, infectious smile and long legs = cloud9. However I have to agree with SJP + Beckham, neither are attractive at all.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Garthy said:
    I fancied the arse of Julia Roberts in the 1990s
    Nothing wrong with a but of uphill gardening.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24385
    edited April 2015
    Goddammit...  how could I have forgotten Gillian Anderson....  someone mentioned her just now....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming