Suggest a George Harrison album to buy

Today is the 14th anniversary of the death of George Harrison. Which of his albums would you suggest me getting to listen to his post Beatles output?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Didn't we have a recent Discussion about All Things Must Pass as the definitive ex Beatle album? Probably that.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Led Zep II.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Didn't we have a recent Discussion about All Things Must Pass as the definitive ex Beatle album? Probably that.
    If you have to buy one then I guess that is the best .. I must admit I couldn't stand the Beatles ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Cloud Nine.

It's a bit '80s sounding, but the songs are strong and there's not really any filler on there as far as I'm concerned.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    I got All Things Must Pass yesterday. The remastered in 2014 issue. Not had a chance to play it yet...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    On All Things Must Pass, I see that Sam Browne is listed for backing vocals.  Years ago I got one of her albums, Box, on the suggestion of a friend.  Took me a few plays to get the music.  Gets a spin now and again.  Amazing how these names crop up here and there.....

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker said:
    On All Things Must Pass, I see that Sam Browne is listed for backing vocals.  Years ago I got one of her albums, Box, on the suggestion of a friend.  Took me a few plays to get the music.  Gets a spin now and again.  Amazing how these names crop up here and there.....

That'd be the reissue with a different version of My Sweet Lord (2000). She would have been a wee lass when the original was recorded. (I also have Box and like it a lot).
  • There's a fairly recent compilation called Let it Roll.