Best machine heads for gibson les paul standard

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2335
going to take out the e-tunes from my 2014 standard.

whats the recommendations for the best standard fit machine heads? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2473
    I put some Shaller Kluson style ones on which were very easy to fit.

The buttons are solid greenish rather than marbled/translucent, though I believe this is period correct for '69-'74 Gibsons
    Good value at £32

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Grover 502c (the back locking type) are standard fit on Standards. They're good but expensive. Normal non-locking Grovers would also fit.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2335
    Any more suggestions chaps?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11653
    tFB Trader
    I still have a couple of sets of the TonePros Kluson ones which are great quality , but sadly now discontinued.

Also worth a look if you don't mind a slight change are the GraphTech ratio tuners which even out the tuning ratios for all strings to give a more even tuning up and down experience

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Recently replaced my tonepros klusons for a set of Grovers, which I much prefer, lot better gearing imho. Saying that, the tonepros are a great shout, far superior to the standard klusons.
    flyingv said:
    Recently replaced my tonepros klusons for a set of Grovers, which I much prefer, lot better gearing imho. Saying that, the tonepros are a great shout, far superior to the standard klusons.
    what grovers model was it  you used?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27447
    edited January 2016
    Big +1 for the Tonepros Klusons from Feline. I have some on my SG and they're the best engineered and best looking kluson-types I've ever had. 

Grovers are a nice idea but not worth the extra weight.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I still have a couple of sets of the TonePros Kluson ones which are great quality , but sadly now discontinued.

Also worth a look if you don't mind a slight change are the GraphTech ratio tuners which even out the tuning ratios for all strings to give a more even tuning up and down experience
    would you be looking to sell these at all? If so can you let me know how much, and what they look like or what the model is?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31768
    I bunged Grover 18:1s on mine, got rid of that plastic-button crap.
    :)
  • fingersfingers Frets: 45
    My Standard came fitted with the locking grovers and I think that they are great!
    edited January 2016 tFB Trader

thomasw88 said:

would you be looking to sell these at all? If so can you let me know how much, and what they look like or what the model is?
    Yes of course 
    I have a couple of sets left in chrome and a couple in gold 
    The are the nice vintage style button with the single ring and not as green as the schaller types.
    The chrome are £48 each (plus postage) and look like this :

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• @FelineGuitars, the machineheads page of your website is down. Do you have any of these Klusons left?

Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
    tFB Trader
    Yes - we have some in nickel and chrome and gold with the 10mm bolt bushing.

Which do you need?

• dickieguitardickieguitar Frets: 405
    edited January 2016
    @FelineGuitars One set in chrome. That's a direct drop-in for a modern Gibson, right?
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
    tFB Trader
    Okay @dickieguitar - PM sent..let me know