The least deserved Academy Award Oscar you can think of ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    catering?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

rain man is how to do it right.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    I admit im very back level when it comes to IR's. I still use the sneap set. Are the ownhammer ones a step up?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    lol that was random...and meant for another thread
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6140
    edited March 2017
    Chicago. A film so feckin awful that it should have been put down like a dawg! 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    edited March 2017
    Titanic gets Oscars and Django unchained doesn't. Know what I'd rather watch...
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Any token award. The year both Denzel Washington and Halle Berry won when Sidney Poitier got lifetime achievement. When Hearth ledger got one for being dead (he should have got one for Brokeback anyway)

I haven't really followed them for years though

Forrest Gimp is great though you sillies
    My V key is broken
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    Forrest Gump is fucking dire.  I like Tom Hanks but Jesus H man.....   Maybe folk with mental disabilities do speak like that in the Southern states, but to me it sounded like a bad version of someone mocking them.   Laahfe is laahhk a boks a chokolits.
    Schmaltzy formulaic shite for dumbass americans who can't comprehend anything more complex than childlike plots.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    +1

I'm really pleased to find I'm not the only one that thought Forrest Gump was rubbish. I've spent most of the last twenty years being told I'm wrong when I've said so...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    ...being told you're wrong by dumbasses who can't comprehend anything more complex than childlike plots.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Any token role where some lovey goes full retard, or summat about the Holocaust, guaranteed shoe ins.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4996
    edited March 2017
    Any token role where some lovey goes full retard, or summat about the Holocaust, guaranteed shoe ins.
    http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c2/c28e23745cf846562616bb19bc248173fa45a5b765560bdbcf385341141bfe2b.jpg

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    Forrest Gump. 
    Other decent films that year: Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption. 

Think Jurassic Park was around about the same time too. Partly nostalgia from the first time I saw it as a kid but probably my all time favourite film. Book is excellent too; found TLW in a charity shop yesterday but not started it yet.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11927
    Evilmags said:
    ICBM said:
    Nicholas Cage ever winning any oscar at all, but especially as Sean Penn was nominated for Dead Man Walking that year (1996).

Worse, that was the year Mel Gibson won five oscars with Braveheart, including "best" picture and director, and the dull Disney Pocohontas beat Randy Newman's brilliant Toy Story score for best music.
    This. Nicolas Cage is pretty much the only actor who if he comes up on the cast on Netflix I pass.
    this turned up today as a link on the BBC news:

http://movies.prettyfamous.com/stories/24038/ranking-every-nicolas-cage-movie-from-worst-to-first?utm_medium=cm&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=i3.cm.ob.dt.11309#Intro

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Most of them as certain films are specifically created to be award winners, forsaking any substance for instant gratification.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22948
    The Oscars - and the BAFTAS, and all the rest of them - are always rubbish.  Nothing gets nominated unless it was released in the two or three months before the awards, a good proportion of those films seem to be specifically made as Oscar bait, and the committee show a complete lack of imagination by nominating the same few films in nearly every category.  And now we've got "Oscars too white" and similar controversies to make the whole thing even more pointless.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Marisa Tomei for My Cousin Vinny springs to mind
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Suicide Squad.
    /end thread.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11927
    Evilmags said:
    ICBM said:
    Nicholas Cage ever winning any oscar at all, but especially as Sean Penn was nominated for Dead Man Walking that year (1996).

Worse, that was the year Mel Gibson won five oscars with Braveheart, including "best" picture and director, and the dull Disney Pocohontas beat Randy Newman's brilliant Toy Story score for best music.
    This. Nicolas Cage is pretty much the only actor who if he comes up on the cast on Netflix I pass.
    this turned up today as a link on the BBC news:

http://movies.prettyfamous.com/stories/24038/ranking-every-nicolas-cage-movie-from-worst-to-first?utm_medium=cm&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=i3.cm.ob.dt.11309#Intro

This was a good one:

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/04/01/nicolas-cage-confirmed-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-replacement/ ;