Got to play two holy grails this evening. And a free dinner too!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Gassage said:
    The only bit it uses is the chip from the same era model as yours which is testomony to how good it is.
    (...)
    It is based on a DD2 in the same way a 911 is a beetle underneath (which ironically is why I love 911's so much.)

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that they were in any way comparable.
    Realise the Cornish has a whole shitload of extra doodads and a lifetime's wizardry in there too.
    Was just trying to bask in the tiniest bit of reflected glory from the super-GAS club, one I'm as likely to be able to join as the 911 owners club (i.e. never) more's the pity. Come to think of it, the Beetle club would be out of my league at the moment. So it's cheap guitars, a DD2 and shanks' pony for me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    RiftAmps said:
    @ThorpyFX @Gassage We must have just missed you, popped in for a drink ont'way home
    Shame- I did think of calling but what with my mate Grizz passing and so on, I was just pleased to get out of house

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• valevale Frets: 1052
    edited March 2017
    Basher said:
    However, on looks alone, I'd love one of those Cornish monstrosities! It's like a monolithic slab of early 1970s British Rail switch-gear incorporating a decent chunk of the BBC radiophonic workshop!
    no idea what it is or whether it's worth the ticket but i totally agree with you. i'm really into that look. could maybe use a few dyno labels too (is that what they are called? the embossed plastic strips from the old days).
    & a 'musicians union says keep music live' sticker. i see those on vintage gear sometimes.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited March 2017
    Man, when is @Gassage ;;gonna get out to Berlin and wine and dine me
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    edited April 2017
    Loobs said:
    Man, when is @Gassage ;;;gonna get out to Berlin and wine and dine me
    When we've rebuilt The Wall....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.