Guitars - when they're not being used.....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited March 2017
    Freebird said:
    I sleep with a different guitar every night 
    Slut.
    Joe Perry sleeps with his guitar ...and he sleeps with the real thing too, lucky bastard!

Image result for joe perry billie guitar
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    There's always an acoustic out and usually two electrics on stands. One infront of my Blackstar halfstack. Looks cool!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Iamnobody said:
    rico said:
    I love having mine out - they are some of my favourite things and would hate to hide them away. 
    Are you still talking about guitars?
    Wait this thread is about guitars?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Haych said:
    ....... But when I'm not using them I don't want to look at them.  If I sit down in an evening to watch a film, say, it makes me feel uncomfortable if they're visible in the room.  Even if they're in their case it still bothers me that I know they're there.  I feel like I can't relax if guitars are out 
    Sounds like the wife just after we've had sex
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    axisus said:
    Haych said:
    ....... But when I'm not using them I don't want to look at them.  If I sit down in an evening to watch a film, say, it makes me feel uncomfortable if they're visible in the room.  Even if they're in their case it still bothers me that I know they're there.  I feel like I can't relax if guitars are out 
    I'm confused - what's sex?idunno2 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Voxman said:
    axisus said:
    Haych said:
    It's that thing you spend your teenage years desperately trying to do - and once you have it's the thing you spend the rest of your life paying for, one way or another ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    all of mine are out, in reach and played most days. What's the point in having a guitar, long term, in a case or storage for no real reason?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I'm exactly the opposite. I like to store my guitars away in their cases but often I,ll get one out to leave on a stand in the room just to look at even if I don't plan playing it particularly. I view guitars not only as musical instruments but pieces of art.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907
    Voxman said:
    axisus said:
    Haych said:

---Sex is what the Queen keeps her coal in. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I can open a 5 latch case almost as quickly as you can unhook a guitar from the wall.

And....Joe Bonamassa says that the smell of an old guitar is a combination of the guitar and the case.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Skipped said:
    I can open a 5 latch case almost as quickly as you can unhook a guitar from the wall.

And....Joe Bonamassa says that the smell of an old guitar is a combination of the guitar and the case.

Yeah, but what does he know about guitars?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    if guitars are left alone in a room they talk player upgrades .
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 662
    There's always one of mine out its case and at arms reach.....in fact it follows me about from room to room.....and there's great acoustics in the bathroom too....
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    .....and there's great acoustics in the bathroom too....
    I don't think the Damp air will do them any good
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    Mine's watching Peeky Blinders with me at the moment  =)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Complete opposite. Each is out on stands and dotted about - and amps too. This means that they are instantly available to be picked up and played - if only to grab a few chords or rework a riff if watching something on YT or the TV.

I have worked hard to accumulate my gear and ownership is not just about using it as a tool - I have a shed for that stuff.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    if guitars are left alone in a room they talk player upgrades .
    Like Toy Story but with guitars?