Doctors

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Emp_Fab said:
    My current surgery is the rare one that doesn't treat patients like scum who are wasting the good surgeries time, turning up being all ill and shit. I've had a fair few like the OP though.
    But people ARE scum who waste the good surgeries' time - well, a lot of them are.  You may not be, but I think people who are quick to criticise the reception staff aren't fully aware of the number of complete selfish tools that are out there in the general public.  I spend a lot of time in GP land as part of my job and the number of times I've witnessed staff being treated like scum by patients, particularly on the phone, is countless.  I wouldn't last two minutes in the job.  I swear, I would have told fifty people to fuck off, deleted the medical records of half of them out of spite and punched three in the face before lunchtime.

Yes, there are awkward staff too - they come from the same pool of selfish tools that the rest of us do.

However - the big question is this;  if so many people are bitching about the NHS, why the hell did you all vote for a party that wants shot of it ?
    Remind me not to use sarcasm around @Emp_Fab lol =)

I'm sure NHS staff *do* get treated badly but my gripe is with surgeries who deliberately go out of their way to make appointments difficult to come by. Those surgeries I've frequented who *have* come up with loads of rules face far more hassle from patients who just want to see a doctor; *NOT* phone before 8.30am, to get a phone appointment with a locum, before getting an appointment sometime in the latter half of next century. Only to be told "These are The Rules!"

My current surgery doesn't have any of that bollocks because they offer patients appointments, generally within a couple of days.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    Er... I'm not convinced you know the definition of sarcasm !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Emp_Fab said:
    Er... I'm not convinced you know the definition of sarcasm !
    Er.....I'm convinced I do but thanks!

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom