GigRig Bespoke Pedalboard Service

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    edited April 2017
    @Kebabkid something like this:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390683268220&alt=web

Some pedals are more fussy than others sharing an outlet so just experiment. I'm using splitters like this to power 10 pedals from a VL pedal power 2 with 8 outs 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Winny. 

I've plenty of power on tap from my GigRig Generator so this could work but getting those frigging GigRig modular add-ons has had me looking at the VL Pedal Power 2 and the Cioks 10 where I could still employ what you're saying.

Cheers
    That looks pretty good but chunky. At the moment, the Cioks 10 is looking very good.

Cheers and good to know what else is out there apart from Voodoo, T-Rex etc
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1466
    Actually, i have a CIOKS too on a board - hadn't noticed any extra chunkiness!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3873
    I've got around ten pedals, but just use the excellent T-rex Fuel Tank junior, which only has five outputs. I use four of the isolated outputs to power thirstier (digital) pedals and pedals that get noisy in a daisy chain (univibe), then just run a daisy chain out of the 5th output, which powers all the analogue pedals with lower current draw, ensuring that the current draw doesn't exceed the output - 120ma i believe. Works for me.
    Kebabkid said:
    That looks pretty good but chunky. At the moment, the Cioks 10 is looking very good.

Cheers and good to know what else is out there apart from Voodoo, T-Rex etc
    @StuartMac290 - I was referring to the One Spot/Truetone.

The Cioks 10 is much smaller and thinner. As a GigRig Generator owner, everything is bigger and chunkier than that ;)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Cos, I love the Cioks stuff as you know, but just be mindful that a quirk of the DC8 and DC10 is that in order to make use of all of the outputs you need two pedals that can take 12v. Pretty sure the OCD can, so just need one more. If you can then I think a DC8 would possibly be enough for your board.
    Cheers Dan and didn't spot that. Also, just looks like there's only 6 isolated outputs. I'm sure either a Cioks or Voodoo PP2 will end up on my board and not going to use the GigRig Modular system.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

I have the whole gig rig power system, powering quite a lot of stuff.

I have to say I was very much not onboard with the modular idea they have, and especially the price - it effectively added £400 odd to the price of my new G2.

But after having a sod it moment and going all in, very happy. Yes I know there are systems out there which will do the same job for less, but it does work amazingly well, is very expandable and is a joy to put together.

It's a luxury item, but it's cool to use and makes layouts fun!

edited April 2017
    @peteri - as good as it might be, I've decided I can't be asked to go down the GigRig route as despite having the QuarterMaster and a Generator, my modest board still requires nearly £300 worth of add-ons and then the faffing with distributors, isolators and the like. Therefore, I'm going to get a different power supply instead.

As I can't see myself expanding the board drastically, as long as the power supply has the option for a couple more pedals or some juicy mA draw ones, that'll do for me
    edited April 2017
    Effects Current Draw Database - http://stinkfoot.se/power-list

It also lists the various makes of power supplies and what they can do.

It's not fully up to date but covers most makes.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    The Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe is pretty good.