Treadle distortion or fuzz?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Tunez said:
    Maybe I'm being a bit simple here, but use the volume pot on your guitar- someone at the top of the post mentioned Mr May, that's how he did it, in fact, that's how everyone used to do it!
    I don't want to lower the volume so much, just change the amount of gain.

I know fuzz pedals clean up, but Something where rocking back blends with the clean sound would be ace.  

Also, try working a volume pot fast - it doesn't work, you can't roll it off quick enough.

I'm also trying to work out if there is such a thing as a pot with a momentary switch so I could use it as a stuttuery killswitch...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TunezTunez Frets: 15
    Wrt gain change, there's actually no difference between putting a volume pedal between your guitar and the fuzz/drv and using your volume knob. In terms of how fast you want to change the setting I, obviously, can't comment except to say to watch Malmsteen do it, it's epic! I do know of people wiring in 'Kill Switches' but if you integrate it with your vol. pot I recon wear and tear would cause problems pdq.
  • Tunez said:
    Wrt gain change, there's actually no difference between putting a volume pedal between your guitar and the fuzz/drv and using your volume knob. In terms of how fast you want to change the setting I, obviously, can't comment except to say to watch Malmsteen do it, it's epic! I do know of people wiring in 'Kill Switches' but if you integrate it with your vol. pot I recon wear and tear would cause problems pdq.
    Yeah, but if the treadle changed the gain rather than the volume, it could work - better yet if it altered a blend of clean and dirty signal.  So fully forward is just fuzz, then as you rock back, the gain level remains constant, but the fuzz fades out and the clean blends back in. 
  • TunezTunez Frets: 15
    edited February 2014
    Ok, I see.