USA immigration

What's Hot
ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
i read on the forum some time ago that if you had travelled to the USA in the previous 12 months you could use the USA citizen immigration queue when arriving at an airport. Arrived at San Francisco yesterday and got through as advised in minutes. I can't remember which forum member recommended this but a big wis to them. 5 international flights had arrived at about the same time as ours and the other queue was mahoosive. Think I'd still be there 24 hours later.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Norman Wisdom'd.  I'm only commenting so if I'm ever in your position and can't remember where I read it, it will be in my FB comments.

All those in favour, say "I'm Spartacus" :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    Wow that's worth knowing. My wife's brother lives out there and we visit fairly regularly. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24447
    Ah, so they must be reckoning that if they checked you out less than a year previously, then you're not a terrorist, as it takes more than 365 days for you to become radicalised.  366 days and you could have a stick of semtex in your pants.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11989
    ronnyb said:
    i read on the forum some time ago that if you had travelled to the USA in the previous 12 months you could use the USA citizen immigration queue when arriving at an airport. Arrived at San Francisco yesterday and got through as advised in minutes. I can't remember which forum member recommended this but a big wis to them. 5 international flights had arrived at about the same time as ours and the other queue was mahoosive. Think I'd still be there 24 hours later.
    I think I mentioned, I went to SFO a month after Florida, and just asked some staff who were not behind a desk

I think the ESTA lasts 2 years, it's the ESTA being previously processed at an airport that enables this I think
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    edited April 2017
    ronnyb said:
    I think I mentioned, I went to SFO a month after Florida, and just asked some staff who were not behind a desk

I think the ESTA lasts 2 years, it's the ESTA being previously processed at an airport that enables this I think
    Yeah thats correct. I know because a mate travelled there a couple days ago & his was still valid from our New Orleans holiday in 2015.  
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5022
    I applied for a working visa in 2014 whe we tooured there. The questions were amazing.
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Leaving San Francisco on Tuesday, hiring a car and driving down the Pacific coast highway to San Diego. Taking a detour though inland via Pasadena and corona. The fender visitors centre is closed for refurbishment phtttt. You never know if I speak to them nicely they might show me some of the factory...not.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Great trip !!!!  Dawdle through Big Sur, it's really beautiful - have outdoor cocktails at sunset in Nepenthe bar/restaurant
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited April 2017
    Reverend said:
    I applied for a working visa in 2014 whe we tooured there. The questions were amazing.
    I used to have an H1B visa..
    that was quite a drains up too
    that said, I was kinda fond of being a 'non immigrant alien' cos it sounds cool
    play every note as if it were your first
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    Reverend said:
    The greatest question anyone has ever asked me came courtesy of Canadian immigration at Toronto airport: have you ever committed an act of genocide? 

Several thoughts went through my awake for over 28 hours mind:

1. Play it straight or play it for laughs?
    2. Does anyone ever say yes truthfully to this question?
    3. Are there any genocidal acts I have committed in the past that I might have forgotten about? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1801
    I did 5 trips to the US last year and after the first one I just joined the locals and used the automated machines very rapid. 
    When i got to Denver one of the guys saw my EU passport in hand and sent me back to be hand processed and said US citizens only, of course I opened my mouth said I had used it in xxxx and yyy and he gave me one of those if you dont want the rectal probe join the queue buster and made me do the long walk of shame down to the end of about 3 plane loads and one working official. 

Hey ho
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Imagine how bad it would be if you weren't white!
  • Reverend said:
    The greatest question anyone has ever asked me came courtesy of Canadian immigration at Toronto airport: have you ever committed an act of genocide? 

3. Are there any genocidal acts I have committed in the past that I might have forgotten about? 

I went through Toronto and didn't even realise I'd done it. Guy stamped my passport and that was it. As I went through what I thought was the door for Immigration Control I was outside the airport!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Reverend said:

Does pouring bleach down an ants nest count as genocide? 
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Foster said:
    Reverend said:

No but it's a bit anti social.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    ronnyb said:
    Foster said:
    Reverend said:

No but it's a bit anti social.
    That is pretty brilliant.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    US customs once pulled the stiches and dressing out of some poor bastards fistula thinking he has drugs up their. Something about Americans and blue uniforms...
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom