2»

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

The guy who invented the TR-808 has died:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39471567

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader
    I saw that and amazed this blog has not attracted more comments - Without him Boss would have not evolved and I dare say there are few stages around the world that has not had a boss Pedal on it - Indeed how many FB members have not had a Boss pedal - is he the Steve Jobs of our industry ?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6084
    I saw that and amazed this blog has not attracted more comments 
    Probably because there have been a couple of threads already about his death and telling of his impact on the music scene.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader
    JezWynd said:
    I saw that and amazed this blog has not attracted more comments 
    Probably because there have been a couple of threads already about his death and telling of his impact on the music scene.
    sorry if I missed them - been away part of the weekend and just catching up on FB - thanks
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6084
    edited April 2017
    Easily missed. I was surprised there were not more posts about his passing.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/100409/
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Boss:
     BE-5b
     BF-2
     CE-3
     CE-20
    CS-2
    DC-3
    DF-2
    HF-2
    NS–2
    PH-2
    PN-2
    DR 660
    RBF-10
    SE-50
    SE-70 (x2)

Roland:
    D-50 (x2)
    Jupiter 6
    SH-09
    SH-101
    DEP-5
    RE-201
    SRV-330

Of all these, the only one i didn't get on with was the DF-2, and I suspect that I should have given it more time.
     I don't have all of these anymore, but I wish I did.

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72419
    Of all these, the only one i didn't get on with was the DF-2, and I suspect that I should have given it more time.

The DF-2 is the bestestest pedal ever.

But I admit it does have something of a learning curve if you want to use the feedbacker bit to its full advantage - although I still think it's possibly the best-sounding distortion pedal ever made, even if you don't.

I still have my SE-70 as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    It was the first Boss pedal I bought, so I'm guessing it was late '84 or early '85, making me 18 or 19. I remember I moved it on quickly, so probably youthful impatience. I didn't like the distorted tone at the time, but I owned a solid state amp back then and the only drive pedal that ever sounded good with it was my old TS-9.
    I know that I'd find the feedbacker really useful nowadays.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72419
    It was the first Boss pedal I bought, so I'm guessing it was late '84 or early '85, making me 18 or 19. I remember I moved it on quickly, so probably youthful impatience. I didn't like the distorted tone at the time, but I owned a solid state amp back then and the only drive pedal that ever sounded good with it was my old TS-9.
    I know that I'd find the feedbacker really useful nowadays.
    I've got one for sale if you want to revisit your lost youth :).

But only because I have three (plus a broken one for spares) and I probably don't really need that many...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3134
    edited April 2017
    Honourable mention should also go to Roland guitar synths Gr500 etc and Digital modelling VG8 etc
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom