SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2013 Fender Custom Shop Custom Deluxe Strat, Coda Music spec

What's Hot
This is a lovely instrument, but I'm beginning to acknowledge that you can't play them all! I was going to list it on Fleabay, but on the recommendation of a friend I'm here instead, so this is a 'hello' post, too.

Coda Music spec'd the guitar using the 2012 Custom Shop Custom Deluxe Strat as a starting point. The essentials are as follows:

– Ash body without the usual maple cap
– Thin urethane finish, Daphne Blue (Picture 8 is the closest representation of the colour; it is not as pale a blue as the other snaps suggest.)
– Satin-finished AA flamed maple neck, 'large' C shape (I find it to be a comfortable handful, and my paws are not big. The set of CS figures I have is old, but large C is listed as 0.875" at the first fret and 0.95" at the 12th.)
– Rosewood fretboard, 10" radius
– 22 medium-jumbo frets
– Sculpted neck heel
– Chrome Elite tuners with pearloid buttons, single butterfly-style string tree
– Two-point trem
– Handwound pickups, five-way switching
– Weight is just over 7lb

Here's an exhaustive list of everything that's wrong with the guitar:

– It has the old 'lacquer crack right next to the neck pocket'. 5mm in length, on the inside of the lower bout. (See picture 7.)
– Also on the inside of the lower bout is a 3mm impression that has not gone through the finish. (See picture 7.)
– On the top edge, in line with the bridge, is a 3mm impression (again, not through the finish) that for the life of me I couldn't photograph.

There is swirling in the paint when you hold the guitar up to the light, but it is otherwise unmarked, with no fret wear.

It comes with a black Custom Shop G&G case and all the candy:

– Certificate of authenticity
– Hang tags
– Instruction manual
– Custom Shop tool kit
– Custom Shop cable
– Custom Shop leather strap
– Custom Shop picks
– Custom Shop cleaning cloth
– Additional trem springs
– Strap locks

There is no key for the case, however, as none was supplied when I bought the guitar new, and since I only play at home I never attempted to track it down.

I have removed the trem cavity cover from the guitar, but it and the screws are included.

I'm after £1500 (cash on collection from the Bedfordshire area), unless someone has a 25th Anniversary PRS Mira in similarly good nick that they'd like to part with…

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments