Second hand IBANEZ BLAZER OR second hand PRS SE?

What's Hot

Az a beginner guitarist I'm trying to decide between a second hand Ibanez Blazer series BL 550 RB and a second hand PRS SE standard (an early model Cadillac black with half moons on the fretboard).  Any suggestions?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    No Experience of the Ibanez but for me the PRS is a good starting point. well made guitars and some decent deals to be had on them. 

Have a look round the Classifieds on here as well. all depends on what you feel comfortable with, get to some shops, play a few guitars and see what suits you before deciding on either of these guitars though. 
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Which do you like the look or feel of most?

The Ibanez looks to have single cool pickups which are great for cleaner styles

the PRS has humbucker pickups which will suit high gain ( distortion) styles better.

of course it's entirely up to you and it's by no means set in stone what type of music you play through any gear.  

My main things to think about at this stage would be, tuning stability, action height ( how high the strings are) both of which will either lead you on the way to musical happiness or make you tear your hair out in frustration. 

Maybe get a guitar playing buddy to have a look at each one?

Good luck. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Blazer's and Roadstar's are a huge amount of guitar for the money and a good one would make for an excellent instrument for little investment.  On the flip side, PRS SE's are generally well regarded for their build quality and playability.  Its a personal preference thing like professorben mentions...all I could say is if it were me i'd go with the Ibanez hands down, but whichever you choose i'm sure you'll get a good instrument.  The most important piece of advice I could give you as a new player is pick the one that feels the most comfortable above all else, because if you are comfortable with the instrument you'll find learning much more rewarding.  Good luck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14430
    tFB Trader
    PRS SE is a great place to start from and no real negatives on the Ibanez - I don't think you'll be a better player after 12 months if you select one over the other - both will allow you to grow as a player - If you can try both then do so - Regardless of how much you know about guitars and regardless of your entry levels skills as a player, I'd be surprised if you can't decide for yourself which feels most comfortable to play - this is your major asset so back it and support it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2899
    Ibanez roadster unless u thinking about an se soapbar which are awesome guitars tbf.  Try a few out 
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    The Blazer without a shadow of a doubt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    Did you end up getting the blazer?
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    hassleham said:
    Did you end up getting the blazer?
    Last active in April 2017, I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    @Jack_ ;

thanks ;)