Compressor for Jangly clean stuff

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Sassafras said:
    Image result for janglebox
    Yup, that's the one I immediately thought of too - a great favourite of Rickenbacker owners who want 'The Byrds' jangle sound.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Keeley 4k here, input down some, level & comp up to compensate, it becomes more trebly/jangly and compresses without it being massively apparent/squished.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Back in the day, I used to use a Boss CS-1. It's still my compressor of choice. I used to run it into a Boss SD-1 and then all my swirly stuff. Using the volume control on my guitar (with a treble bleed cap) it would give me bags of jangle. Uh, 'jangle for days'.
  • As per usual, I second (or third) whoever suggests the Fairfield Accountant before me.
    I just can't quite bring myself to spend £150 on something that looks so cheap and chucked togther!
    It sounds f*ck-all like it was chucked together! I like the spartan look.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    As per usual, I second (or third) whoever suggests the Fairfield Accountant before me.
    I just can't quite bring myself to spend £150 on something that looks so cheap and chucked togther!
    I'll find out soon, @benmurray85 has very kindly offered to let me try out his. 
  • As per usual, I second (or third) whoever suggests the Fairfield Accountant before me.
    I'll find out soon, @benmurray85 has very kindly offered to let me try out his. 
    Excellent! It does add something lovely to your tone. Bass end sounds just great with one. Do report back!
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Diamond CPR-1 , job done
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom