Why so many FX8s for sale?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Having owned a Helix for less than 24 hours, an FX8 for around six months and a Kemper for a couple of years here's my take on it. The Helix greets you like this:

http://i.imgur.com/TMdP10x.jpg

It's fun, it's dead simple to use and in no time I felt like I was getting to grips with it. Within 30 minutes I'd updated the firmware, cycled through the presets and created a few of my own. It really is a joy to use.

The FX8 is a fair bit more austere, the learning curve is steeper and it gives up the goods a lot less readily. Reading the FX8 manual was like watching 'Fight Club' the first time round, I got to the end and muttered "ey?".
    Once you've got your head round it (and I'm still not sure I have really) it sounds very good. That initial learning curve might be a bit steep for some though.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited April 2017
    I'd suggest 4 main possible reasons:

1. Ease of use not quite as user friendly as was hoped
    2. FX8 is effects, not amp modelling (do I have that right?), so folks might decide they now want both after all.
    3. Bigger budget now available & the lure of 'GAS' to buy the latest new kid on the block eg Helix, Headrush FX, the full AxeFxII etc etc
    4. Some might find it overkill for what they need, or band broken up, and now they're selling/down-sizing, or switching back to conventional pedals

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I have had mine up for a few months and only seen 2 others come up for sale recently - so that's 3 - even on Gumtree and Reverb I have seen about 1 or 2. This forum is full of those who buy, try and move on so it's not unusual. My Kemper came from here and was sold here and my FX8 was from a user here too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Because crack is an expensive habit.
  • For me, each pedal model is 99% there but not quite. With the AX8 ,the digital pedal into digital amp model fits really well - this is most evident with the drives. Functionally it is superb. Switch amp channels and pedals with one button etc.
  • Sassafras said:
    Because crack is an expensive habit.
    But it helps me maintain my svelte figure (as part of a balanced diet... of crack).