Pick me up

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962

Anyone had good results from a ginseng type supplement for a feel good ,nerve calmer/soother type of thing....?

What supplement does it for you?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6149
    tFB Trader
    hootsmon said:

Anyone had good results from a ginseng type supplement for a feel good ,nerve calmer/soother type of thing....?

fresh air, exercise, good food, sex...... not necessarily in that order and not necessarily all at once as you can get arrested. basically anything that releases dopamine is a really good mood booster.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    Timothy Taylor's Pale Ale usually, failing that chamomile tea I find quite soothing but it's probably in the mind. 
  • Running.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    Alternative medicine is bunk.

Get more sleep or take exercise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Drinking from the skulls of my enemies cheers me up, but it's frowned upon. Regular exercise and eating healthy are more legal and helpful too ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    fresh air.

Actually getting out into the countryside away from the town fresh air.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12332

Hmm, not sure if all alternative medicine is bunk, there are varying degrees of "alternative"
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Beer.  Although sometimes I find myself in a mental health quandary.

Running around in ever decreasing circles wanting for things you already have, lighting cigarettes when you're already smoking, searching for things that don't exist, unable to sit down because your heart is beating so fast and randomly that your mind jitters and shakes so much you can't focus on a single thing, head in a vice, beer doesn't calm it down, nothing can, can't sleep, moving from place to place, can't stand still, lab monkey rattling a cage, feeling like you haven't got much left and this might possibly be the day or even the minute, heading for a nervous breakdown, heading somewhere your mind may never come out of.  Total loss of control.  On the precipice. Memory non existent.  Communal drugs not helping.  Blame it on the drugs.  It's not the drugs, it's my mind lost forever.  Goodbye to myself, hope you call again some day.  Stop by for a piece of cake and a chat.

And eventually when you stop drinking completely for a whole 24 hours you still lie in bed and feel like the walls are closing in.

But other than that, exercise, fresh air, beer  What else is there?  I probably am on my way out, I feel it anyway.  So probably is everyone else.

Exercise, sharing it with people, not taking things too seriously, leaving the shotgun unloaded at night?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
    Chamomile tea. Walking WITHOUT a phone in your hand.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Most guitar polishes....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    hootsmon said:

Ginseng won't calm you.  It's an energy booster.  Lavender oil on a tissue, leave nearby and inhale the aroma.  Don't operate heavy machinery... Ginkgo for mood improvement.  Fish oil for mood stability and improved mental process.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    A few drops of snake oil works wonders for me. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    GAS
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    merlin said:
    A few drops of snake oil works wonders for me. 
    I suppose you don' t believe in the use of willow bark extract for pain relief either?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I drink Ginseng coffee in the morning. To be fair, I don't think it does much, but I like it.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader

Hmm, not sure if all alternative medicine is bunk, there are varying degrees of "alternative"

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/e3/e38dad82794cb1cb5cb81d486849d39e80002e1bbbb5d7708a562bfaed1b3706.jpg
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    hootsmon said:

A lot of people seem to rate Rescue Remedy. My wife's been trying it recently due to a few difficult and anxiety-ridden situations. Not sure how much it does but even the placebo effect of taking something for anxiety is probably good enough in a lot of situations.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    >>> BOOO!! <<<

for God's sake - grow some balls man!

Seriously - coming here and asking a Q like that ain't gonner do anything for your nerves/Karma/sense of well being!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Coke and strippers is the answer you're looking for.