Bareknuckle pickups

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    I have to agree with Jon on BK's being more sensitive to the guitar.  Also the pickup height can make a lot of difference too.  I've had sets that I've moved around a lot before they suddenly came to life in a particular guitar (especially the humbuckers).  Now I am probably a lot better at guessing what will work and what won't. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    I had a Trilogy neck pickup in my old Charvel and it was good for smooth lead tones. The BG Vintage 60s I put in when I moved that stuff to a traditional strat were much better though.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The only electrics I currently own, with the exception of my fender custom shops amd PRS,  were all improved by oil cities of BKPS. In terms of value Oil Cities are put together with as good or greater attention to detail as BKPS and were cheaper. I'll be chatting to ash about strat pups but the Nocaster hand wounds in my tele are going nowhere. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    I have BK P90s in my Reverend Warhawk and very happy with them; that was before I discovered Oil City and the quality of their Brass Knuckle p/up that is on my Blade RH4 means Oil City will be my first port of call for any pick up in future.  A great personal serviceand customised build an option at a price point way below BK
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    Just put a set of duncan distortions in my prs ce24 and they're really nice. I don't think I've ever liked a set of duncans before this either. Maybe I just don't like guitar tones in general haha.
  • FezFez Frets: 525
    Holy diver sounds great in my EPI LP 
    I agree with Jonathan though some pick ups just don't work in some guitars.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16684
    I had it with the Emeralds.  It took 3 or 4 guitars before I found one that worked well with them, but then they were perfect!   

They were here not a Tim recommendation for me, just a random order of a model I wanted to try.

The crawler is one I really wasn't interested in, but worked perfectly for me.