Helix - Floor or Rack?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I thought you could edit the Helix using your feet?  I guess that'll also depend on your eyesight!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I thought you could edit the Helix using your feet?  I guess that'll also depend on your eyesight!

Haven't even looked in to that yet, but assume you would want to see the screen while doing so
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I've got the rack. I don't like too much bending.

Works for me!

Yes, that's the bottom line really, whichever you prefer is the way to go.  I'd quite like both :)
  • John_A said:
    I thought you could edit the Helix using your feet?  I guess that'll also depend on your eyesight!

Haven't even looked in to that yet, but assume you would want to see the screen while doing so

• That along with the coloured lights and scribble strips are some of the most attractive features with the unit IMO.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

Until Now I have been using a behringer FCB1010 to control a pedal board of strymons, with ODs in a loop switcher via midi pre-sets. I would always leave the pedal board at the back of the stage so its out the way of most the danger.

I've set up a single patch on the helix rack to use with my valve head in 4cm, and can trigger  snapshots via the behringer (really simple to do). So again it would all be at the back of the stage. I haven't been brave enough to take it to a gig yet, but see no reason why it wouldn't be fine.

I'm still going to get the floor controller. Because I like shiney things, and it could be helpful when the singer has to change presets for me 'cos I've gone walkabout.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28352
    John_A said:

Convenience was a consideration but it was well down the priorities list.  I don't think I've compromised in any area going to a Helix, quite the opposite in fact
    Likewise - for me it offered things that couldn't be done with a conventional pedalboard (unless you're OK with rewiring it and swapping pedals around several times a day).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    wait to see the Headrush....might save yourself a tidy wedge and it be just as good!
  • siraxeman said:
    wait to see the Headrush....might save yourself a tidy wedge and it be just as good!
    The Helix LT would also save you a small wedge on the Headrush.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    siraxeman said:
    I admire your optimism but there's little to suggest it might be thus far.
    Whens it due out...its not very far off now is it? Worth a short wait and then know whichever you buy you wont be having any regrets?
  • Strat_a_tat_tatStrat_a_tat_tat Frets: 2761
    edited April 2017
    siraxeman said:
    Whens it due out...its not very far off now is it? Worth a short wait and then know whichever you buy you wont be having any regrets?

I think delivery of the Headrush is just 'round the corner.

... no that can't be right... on a flat earth... there is no round.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A flat earth just makes the Headrush even more tasty. Oh yes.