Check your MOT history (or anyone else's!)

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
Rather fab site that shows all the previous MOTs, the mileage, result, any advisories etc.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Wow that's interesting looking up old cars I used to own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Checked my previous car and it showed 2 mot failures whilst I owned it for windscreen stickers. I never had an mot failure!!
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Wow. My 1968 Spitfire is still on the road.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Knew that for a while, super useful when looking to buy a new car.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Yep, that and Ford Etis.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
    edited April 2017
    I was about to do a deal on a car this weekend, until I saw on there that they lied about it having no advisories on the MOT (it had loads). You've just saved me quite a bit of cash, @Emp_Fab
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    edited April 2017
    I've just been looking at mine and found it's had advisories on the last two tests, but they aren't shown on the certificate. They are for "engine covers fitted", which just means the tester can't see certain items because the car's got the (manufacturer fitted) engine tray fitted. I guess that's just the tester covering his arse? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Seems like my last car was scrapped
    My V key is broken
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Tried three and none was recognised 
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    holnrew said:
    Seems like my last car was scrapped
    I wish I could buy it just so I could sniff the seat.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    I also quite like www.howmanyleft.co.uk
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Tried 2 & they were both on there. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5503
    All mine are on there.  My last car which I traded in and was told would be scrapped got MOT'd 2 months afterwards so probably still going.  It was fucked! 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
    digitalscream said:
    I was about to do a deal on a car this weekend, until I saw on there that they lied about it having no advisories on the MOT (it had loads). You've just saved me quite a bit of cash, @Emp_Fab
    I'm glad to have been of service!  I'm looking for a small van at the mo and so far I've found one that claimed to have an MOT when it didn't, but of more interest to me is how the advisories have been dealt with.  I'm less likely to look at a van where the same advisories come up every year as it shows the owner is just lazy when it comes to maintenance.  Also, you can get an idea for serious problems that have been 'fixed' - corrosion around suspension mounts etc.  They may have fixed it well enough to get it through the next MOT but there will always be a risk of it coming back there.

In contrast, I checked out one van that had belonged to the Fire Service, serviced in-house.  It had passed every single MOT with almost no advisories, and then they were silly things like wipers or tyres getting a bit close to the limit.  I'm sorely tempted to buy it - but it's in Berkshire - which would mean a four hour train ride and a taxi - and then the same again in reverse if I didn't buy it.  Still... I may still go for it.  Regular proper servicing (not your local garage bare minimum oil & filters only job) is worth its weight in gold.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    My old 2001 Focus is still on the road with 140k on the clock. It's failed it's last 5 MOTs, although it looks like it's just been bunged in for a test then fixed each time. 
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Emp_Fab said:
    digitalscream said:
    I'm glad to have been of service!  I'm looking for a small van at the mo and so far I've found one that claimed to have an MOT when it didn't, but of more interest to me is how the advisories have been dealt with.  I'm less likely to look at a van where the same advisories come up every year as it shows the owner is just lazy when it comes to maintenance.  Also, you can get an idea for serious problems that have been 'fixed' - corrosion around suspension mounts etc.  They may have fixed it well enough to get it through the next MOT but there will always be a risk of it coming back there.

In contrast, I checked out one van that had belonged to the Fire Service, serviced in-house.  It had passed every single MOT with almost no advisories, and then they were silly things like wipers or tyres getting a bit close to the limit.  I'm sorely tempted to buy it - but it's in Berkshire - which would mean a four hour train ride and a taxi - and then the same again in reverse if I didn't buy it.  Still... I may still go for it.  Regular proper servicing (not your local garage bare minimum oil & filters only job) is worth its weight in gold.
    I can't recommend an old fiat scudo/citroen dispatch/peugeot expert highly enough (by old I mean old, anything pre 2005). Get the 1.9 non turbo diesel engine - utterly bombproof. They're utterly basic machines but it makes it easier to maintain (no central locking, electric mirrors, etc). Also fully galvanised from the factory so rust isn't much of an issue. It won't be fast by any means but it's perfectly good for a cheap van.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    It seems to work only for vehicles that have remained on one plate all their life.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    It' only goes back to 2006.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10412
    Fuck just looked and realised the wife's car has run out !
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    rlw said:
    It seems to work only for vehicles that have remained on one plate all their life.

No it doesn't. I changed my plate recently and the old records showed up.