Has Trump started WW3

What's Hot
Are the cruise missile attacks on Syria the start of something bigger.   Will the Russians retaliate on behalf of Assad or do they support the strike.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Find out, next week!!! *roll credits*
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4209
    The speech Trump made last night was an incoherent mess stating "beautiful babies died horribly" and invoking God etc etc, the 12 digited webbed footed Trump voters probably lapped it up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    There was a US general interviewed yesterday who was saying that Obama's policy of appeasement towards Assad didn't work and that the US needed to show some strength by using cruise missiles on selective targets. I guessed from that statement that it was fairly inevitable; Trump has always shown he's politically aggressive, he's hardly going to say no to the military option. I do wonder though if he's got the mental capacity to realise the long term consequences? Or maybe he just doesn't give a shit.  :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    boogieman said:
    Obama's policy of appeasement towards Assad

Appeasement doesn't work.
    See the rise of Hitler for proof.

These dictatorial leaders rule by fear, which makes them bullies. Bullies do not like when someone fights back.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I assume you've all seen Trump behaving like a child in that truck.

He's also got the nuclear codes....

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9786
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Aren't they more than 140 characters long though?
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24584
    It's an opportunity he was unlikely to ignore.  The chance to show some teeth, silence, at least briefly, the growing criticism that he's just Putin's poodle and take credit for what most of the world will see as a justified response to the use of chemical weapons.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    HAL9000 said:
    Aren't they more than 140 characters long though?
    Hmmm, time to have tantrums on Facebook maybe *shudder*

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6802
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15719
    no, he hasn't started WW3, he's launched a few cruise missiles. This is not the automatic start to something bigger, however once shooting starts it's much easier to start something bigger.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is the first time that Trump has done or said something and I thought: well done.

Russia will make noise but behind doors Trump and Putin are probably as close as the Chuckle Brothers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I think it's excellent Trump is President.  Now all we need is full on thermonuclear war.  You all believed the propaganda about Assad using gas, not only once but twice, the veil of lies is so thin now it's like a burr veneer with the truth shining through like too much glue, you don't even have to peel it away to find that the world is made of MDF anymore.  Bring it on. 

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited April 2017
    Trump fired a few cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase - it's hardly the start of WW3. Russia doesn't actually like Assad, but he supports Russia which wants to retain influence in the region. This war will rumble on for years. Nobody will start firing nuclear missiles over Syria. WW3 will most likely start in Europe as states that border Russia apply to join the EU and tensions rise - see Ukraine.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Whatever happens you can always trust the BBC to soften us up for it first.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Time to get the beers in to watch the blonde bimbo try to outdumb Bush's exploits.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Fretwired said:
    Trump fired a few cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase - it's hardly the start of WW3. Russia doesn't actually like Assad, but he supports Russia which wants to retain influence in the region. This war will rumble on for years. Nobody will start firing nuclear missiles over Syria. WW3 will most likely start in Europe as states that border Russia apply to join the EU and tensions rise - see Ukraine.
    Yes, either Ukraine or North Corea are more likely to start something serious.
    edited April 2017
    Sambostar said:
    You all believed the propaganda about Assad using gas, not only once but twice, the veil of lies is so thin now it's like a burr veneer with the truth shining through like too much glue...

Who do you think did it then? Bear in mind that witnesses saw the Syrian warplanes, and that it has been admitted that Syrian warplanes were targeting rebel positions in the area.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15719
    HAL9000 said:
    Sambostar said:
    You all believed the propaganda about Assad using gas, not only once but twice, the veil of lies is so thin now it's like a burr veneer with the truth shining through like too much glue...

Who do you think did it then? Bear in mind that witnesses saw the Syrian warplanes, and that it has been admitted that Syrian warplanes were targeting rebel positions in the area.

RT have reported that the planes hit a rebel held warehouse that contained chemical weapons. Personally I don't trust RT, but there were reports from the UN back when chemcial weapons were 1st used that rebel forces has used chemical weapons.

I don't trust RT but I also don't trust our government, who have been shown to lie, and our media, who have been shown to collude with the government. All we know for certain is that people have died as a result of chemical weapons.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72858
    If the gas attack was Assad's forces, Putin might even welcome the US action as a way of deterring them from such stupidity in the future, while being able to say it was nothing to do with him… and if it wasn't, then it's an unjustified American attack which will strength Putin's hand with Assad anyway. Either way, Putin wins. So then the question is whether Trump talked to him first…

I don't think war is likely in Europe over Ukraine now - Russia has increased its military presence again and the western media has barely even reported it, let alone the politicians wanting to do anything. Putin called their bluff and Merkel in particular got a very bad scare - although she was born after the war in West Germany she grew up in East Germany and knows full well what the consequences would be.

North Korea is the 'unknown unknown', but I can't see China tolerating them starting an actual war. The only real question would be whether China can stamp on them quickly enough.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein