Unexpected car fine reasonableness

What's Hot
kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
I had reason to use the dart crossing recently, something I almost never do, and promptly forgot to pay the charge. Expected letter comes through the post, and after much cursing I actually read the bloody thing which says you didn't pay the charge, but as it's your first time just go online and pay it and we'll say no more about it. Fine cancelled. 

Bloody hell. Wasn't expecting that. 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    kjdowd said:
    I had reason to use the dart crossing recently, something I almost never do, and promptly forgot to pay the charge. Expected letter comes through the post, and after much cursing I actually read the bloody thing which says you didn't pay the charge, but as it's your first time just go online and pay it and we'll say no more about it. Fine cancelled. 

Bloody hell. Wasn't expecting that. 
    Happened to me last summer.  Fine fellows.  

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems pretty sensible to me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • yes, i believe you get one letting off. i contravened a bus lane year before last. I wrote an apology no excuse to TFL not holding up much hope but i got a as its your first time let off. always worth a try
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    I had that. but in a company car. Arval, the lease company charged £40 for paying the £2.50. Wankers.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I should expect so too, the bastard thing. Thing was paid off years ago wasnt it? Jobs cut yet the prices go up... and I'm always stuck at the bleeding thing!! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    This thread just reminded me that I was meant to pay the congestion charge as I drove into the zone on Thursday night. It is now Saturday. I'm too late... looks like a penalty notice is headed my way. FUCK SAKE.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    I don't do either regularly, but I set both up as direct debits. It's just simpler.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."