Just me? eBay bargains...

What's Hot
Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
Whenever I see something interesting for sale, but I don't know whether the price is good, I'll go to eBay and check sold listings.

When I do this, I always end up seeing things that went for an amazing price and find myself thinking "why do I not find these listings before they end?"

Anyone else?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Glad it's not just me then 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    All. The. Time.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9636
    And yet the items on your watch list, that you've bid on, go for far too much.

There's a lot to be said for a bit of patience if you're after something relatively common. Set yourself a maximum and if you're outbid, forget it and wait for another to turn up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    The inverse is true when selling, always sell for great prices until I list mine....... 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I prefer to use the 'BIN or Best Offer' option. I've made offers that I frankly thought were insulting and, to my surprise, they've almost always been accepted.
    I've had far better deals that way than anything I've bid on.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Actually, I retract that last statement. Ignore me.
    I don't want you lot screwing it up for me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    It's not always auctions finishing low though, sometimes it's BINs that have been really low...

I rarely enter auctions because I'm impatient and so rarely do they seem to end up being a bargain these days.
  • I blame HarrySeven.  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I tend to find that items I am watching but for whatever reason am unable to bid on right at the end - I'm at work, can't get a signal, a bit too pissed etc - go for a bargainous price too. The ones I can bid on don't.

There must be some sort of parallel dimension where these bidders and sellers exist. Or else it is HarrySeven's fault :)
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Sassafras said:
    I prefer to use the 'BIN or Best Offer' option. I've made offers that I frankly thought were insulting and, to my surprise, they've almost always been accepted.
    I've had far better deals that way than anything I've bid on.
    Yup me too. I accidentally bought a US Strat for £100 less than the BIN price. A very nice email to wake up to!
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    it's the nature of auctions. i attend a fair few 'real life' auctions as there's stuff i collect. it always goes for more than the estimate when i'm in the room with my hand up, but, never when i'm not there and look at the auction results online. which if you think about it, is always going to happen, the low price wouldn't have been that 'low' if i'd been there, cos i'd have bid for it and pushed the amount up and up.