Top Tip: Shingles content

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
If you get it,

Do:
Go see a doctor ASAP. 

Don't:
Leave it for 3-4 weeks, go out on the piss regularly in that timeframe, carry on as normal with everything and wind up in hospital with it like I currently am. 

Absolute shocker, 3 days and counting of some cracking painkillers and other stuff from the docs and I still have a banging headache on one side and a throat like the elephant man. 

Can barely stay awake to watch The Masters too.  :s
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16138
    I get it frequently ......whenever badly run-down or stressed and always on my right buttock and thigh to start with.
    I have to take Acyclovir ASAP  to keep it in check
    I have had it about 20 times but usually manage to knock it out before it takes hold big time.
      Often have terrible Sciatic pain from the nerve damage

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Deijavoo said:
    If you get it,

Do:
    ask for advice on a guitar forum

Don't:
    Leave it for 3-4 weeks, go out on the piss regularly in that timeframe, carry on as normal with everything and wind up in hospital with it like I currently am
    Fixed that for you 

seriously though.  Get well soon 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28650
    Deijavoo said:

Can barely stay awake to watch The Masters too.  :s
    Don't worry on that one - that's normal.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    edited May 2017
    I can't hack this again @Dominic, how regularly do you get it?

I only got chickenpox for the first time in 2012 almost to this very week at the age of 28, that was awful too. I only got this shingles very mildly but my body ached all down my right side with a mild headache. Granted I should have got rested up but about 3 weeks in I went to the football, was boozing for about all day and woke up with a worse headache and sore throat. I just figured a hangover and too much singing in the pub.

Fast forward 4 days of and I'm falling all over A&E, spewing, getting a CT scan, carted around in a wheelchair, getting pumped with some cracking drugs and generally having quite a shit time.

Many lessons learned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    I have had it about 20 times 

Dear me, just re-read this.  

That must be tough. I could cope with the last few weeks but just not this last one.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16138
    I don't get it so badly as you seem to have but I think the first time is the worst
    I get it about every 6 weeks now but can shake it off after a week or ten days if I take Acyclovir or Famivere as soon as it starts to come on
    I get Headache and aches in right side for the first 2 or 3 days and feel very depressed and tired but ok after that
    It will make you feel very depressed -that's a known side effect and you probably feel worse than you really are
      Mine started about 2 or 3 years ago (I am 55 )
    Apparently a lot of old people have it and can't get rid of it - degenerative nervous system gets damaged by it and long term neuralgia ...........not pleasant t look forward to.
    My rash is never more than the size of a Tennis racket but v sore for the first 4 days.
      @Deijavoo -sorry it's not better news but lots of people get it once and never again so keep your chin up.
    Dear me mate, sorry to hear that, sounds rough. I was feeling a little bit low but put that down to feeling a run down. 

In future I'll definitely act quicker!  Felt very mild at first and not worth bothering with.
    Well, over a week since I got into hospital and I'm still not right and still off work. I spent 4 days in there due to actually something called Cellulitis (not the Cellulite, ...I laughed when they told me) in throat/neck. Basically inflammation of the cells, and I guess brought on somehow by the Shingles and while it can be pretty harmless it can also be very harmful apparently.

So again, more advice, don't leave any ailment at all. Apparently if I had of been any longer it could have been much, much worse for me.