SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED....THORN STRATOCASTER R/S 068

CastroCastro Frets: 512
edited May 2017 in Guitars £

Your chance to own a rare and truly wonderful Stratocaster from the genius Ron Thorn.

I imported this guitar from Distinctive Guitar in the US about 14 months ago and I am the second owner. By the time it landed here and I HAD paid the ‘painful’ import duties etc. it set me back £2,400 so it’s firmly in customer shop territory.

This is a special one-off model in candy apple red over gold. You’ll see that there are a number of ‘bumps and bruises’ which are all natural wear and tear from the first owner. I haven’t gigged the guitar nor taken it out of the house so it’s exactly as I bought it. The gold showing through the red looks great….real relicing!

It has stunning playability and classic crisp tones from Ron’s own pickups. Lightweight WITH endless sustain and I can genuinely say that this beats all of the CS Stratocasters that I played at Coda Music and the Eric Johnson that I owned.

I am only letting her go because I have a very early Schecter Strat’ - number 27 - from the Mark Knopfler/Pete Townsend era that has come out of retirement.

The guitar comes with tags and either a wonderful embossed hard case or a Mono gigbag.

You can see photographs of the brand new and used guitar and get spec’s here. Look for guitar number R/S 068:

http://www.thornguitars.com/socal-htm/rs-specs.htm

http://www.thornguitars.com/socal-htm/socal-gallery/socal-gallery-01.htm

http://imgur.com/a/cAm51

I’ll add more photos later.

I’m really after a sale rather than a trade….but if you have an Echopark or other ‘rare boutique’ guitar to trade, drop me a line.

Price - £1,750

Steve

kitchensinkdramas@yahoo.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CastroCastro Frets: 512
    c'mon
  • rosskirosski Frets: 36
    Beautiful. How would you describe the neck carve?
  • Very surprised this has not gone.
    I have a Thorn thinline tele with a  bigsby.
    Thorn build quality is superb.
    This is going to be in a different league to a custom shop.
    GLWTS
    edited May 2017
    Thanks tugwellguitar and of course I agree with you. But I appreciate that folks like the security of a brand name rather than the better quality offered by some small scale luthiers.
    edited May 2017
    Rosski it's a slim neck with a gentle C shape.