SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Carr Skylark for Sale --SOLD--

What's Hot
polobear74polobear74 Frets: 20
edited June 2017 in Amps £
Hello there,

I'm selling one of my Carr Skylark.

The amp is awesome, l'm only selling it because I've got two, and I've recently bought a Rambler....so I can't really justify two:)

The amp was bought new from Coda in October 2016. Is in new like conditions.

It comes with a soft case.

I still have the manual and the receipt from Coda

I would prefer collection...but I may consider sending it by post.

I live in Finchley, North London.

My asking price is £1700.

Yes, I know, less than a year ago a new Skylark was selling at £1950... unfortunately we all know what happened during the past 6 months....the same amp now costs £2369...

These are some pictures of my two Skylarks and of the one that I'm selling

Thanks again:)

Paolo

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• polobear74polobear74 Frets: 20
    ---B U M P ---
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LamonpLamonp Frets: 5
    Hi polobear. Would you be willing to ship this guitar to Ireland and are you willing to  accept reasonable offers? Many thanks.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16136
    It's a strange looking guitar ! …….looks more like an amp to me
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lamonp said:
    Hi polobear. Would you be willing to ship this guitar to Ireland and are you willing to  accept reasonable offers? Many thanks.
    Hi Lamonp:) you mean the amp..? Yeah, that will be ok...obviously I will have to check re shipping costs to Ireland...and I will also have to get some proper box & bubble wrap...re reasonable offers....sure, but it's all down to the meaning of reasonable...:):):)

All the best,

Paolo 
  • LamonpLamonp Frets: 5
    Dominic said:
    It's a strange looking guitar ! …….looks more like an amp to me
    One of those days guys! Well spotted Dominic!
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    edited June 2017
    could you describe the Skylark as a 'Modern Boutique Princeton' type thing? Loved the demos I heard...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

Marshall said:
    could you describe the Skylark as a 'Modern Boutique Princeton' type thing? Loved the demos I heard...
    yes, but with much more...very powerful eq, the mids can really change the character and feel of the amp in a way that a Princeton can not...
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

I've had a Skylark for nearly 8 months.

It's wonderful, and as above - the mids are insanely powerful, and set the whole tone of the amp.

I'm using it as a just on the edge of break-up pedal platform and it's absolutely amazing for that, but really it's a waste - it sounds so good cranked on it's own and the mids let you go from quite clean Fender loveliness to a real snarling beast.

It's one of the few amps I've had where all the tone controls make sense - they're just at the right frequency point, so you find yourself able to set and use them across the whole range.

Attenuator is very, very good too

Bump - for a cracking amp

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    peteri said:

I've had a Skylark for nearly 8 months.

It's wonderful, and as above - the mids are insanely powerful, and set the whole tone of the amp.

I'm using it as a just on the edge of break-up pedal platform and it's absolutely amazing for that, but really it's a waste - it sounds so good cranked on it's own and the mids let you go from quite clean Fender loveliness to a real snarling beast.

It's one of the few amps I've had where all the tone controls make sense - they're just at the right frequency point, so you find yourself able to set and use them across the whole range.

Attenuator is very, very good too

Bump - for a cracking amp

Yup to all of the above:) and that's why i'm selling one, but keeping the other!!!:)

--- S O L D ---