SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1973 Jazzmaster, Lake Placid Blue

What's Hot
simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
edited April 2017 in Guitars £

Unfortunately for me, the time has come to move on my original 1973 Jazzmaster in beautiful Lake Placid Blue. I've had some interest in this already just by mentioning it on another thread so have decided to do a proper post. There are lots more photos, details and story here:

http://offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=103213

Note that the colour looks a touch bright in this light. It's actually a little darker in real life - some of the closeup photos in the link show it really well as a kind of darker turquoise. Almost Ocean Turquoise...!

Note that the guitar comes with a modern tan G&G case. There is also a period-original (sold to me at the time as "an" original) non-Fender case that is completely busted and no good to anyone, though you can have it if it's a dealbreaker. More detail on this in the link.

Also worth a mention is the scrape near the jack input and the dent in the neck. The picture in the link makes the neck dent look far worse than it is, it's not actually that deep and is located towards the lower end of the neck so it's going to be open-chorders who'll feel it most, although it's located so that the pudgy, less sensitive part of your hand will be in contact with it. It's certainly never bothered me enough to be anything like a problem.

And of course, the guitar looks stunning so it's got that going for it in spades. The only thing that has been changed is one of the grub screws holding the tone knob on. I purchased a pair of period witch-hats complete with screws thinking that the knob would probably need replacing as I thought the thread had worn out. Luckily the "new" grub screw fitted in the old knob so the original one is still on the guitar. I have kept the original grub screw for what it's worth, although it's essentially useless.

Guitar was set up with 11s by Gerard at Vintage and Rare on Denmark Street. That guy knows how to do offsets - the trem lock even works properly!

Have stuck a round number of £3000 on this but am considering sensible offers. Please make my loss your gain and give it a good, loving home!
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
    Tres cool, love the colour! GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Jesus... that's beautiful

If only...
    Stop crying, start buying
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Well suffice to say, my pants need changing...utterly gorgeous guitar!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope you got those pants changed... it's still for sale...